Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tig used Everlast 205s or new AIG 200P to learn on

Hi all, I want to try learning aluminium tig because I saw an AC tig machine for under $1000. I figured I could get the AIG 200P with pedal, get a helmet and gloves etc plus a bottle of gas all for around $1200 or there abouts.
    I also came across a used Everlast PowerPro 205s that I could get for around the same money as the AIG.
    So I signed up to the forum here to ask you guys for your advice on which way I should go here. A decent Chinese machine with warranty or a used, maybe more solid machine with no warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Nooby View Post
    Hi all, I want to try learning aluminium tig because I saw an AC tig machine for under $1000. I figured I could get the AIG 200P with pedal, get a helmet and gloves etc plus a bottle of gas all for around $1200 or there abouts.
    I also came across a used Everlast PowerPro 205s that I could get for around the same money as the AIG.
    So I signed up to the forum here to ask you guys for your advice on which way I should go here. A decent Chinese machine with warranty or a used, maybe more solid machine with no warranty?

No personal experience with Everlast however the unit is still just a Chinese machine manufactured to Everlast's specs.

We manufacture our product line overseas in China
    https://www.everlastgenerators.com/

Hopefully there is a member that has one of these particular machines that can speak from first hand experience.

Default Give magnum welders a go.

I'm in the same boat as yourself and decided to purchase a Magnum Welders TIG200L Pro AC/DC. Chinese made, but put together by a very hands on business owner in Graeme in regional Victoria who stands by his product and has seemingly put the work in regarding quality control. Bought the MIG machine too. $2,500 spent in 1 week!

Edit - TIG backed by a 5 year warranty

I brought the AIG200 not the 200P simple machine but does feel cheap but it also was cheap to buy at $550

I now have a ROSSI Synergic AC/DC Tig cost around $400 yet another cheap to buy and cheap to feel machine, it's no frills, basic amp and cleaning knobs nothing else, great for beginners but the Rossi brand has bad feedback about quality and after sale service however they do sell spare parts for the machine (not consumables) acutal parts