Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Quote Originally Posted by OxxAndBert View Post
    If you go to that eBay listing and click on the “full description” (or words to that effect).

Here’s a copy the drawing:

Steve
    Thanks Steve, I never looked for the Ebay listing !
    No wonder that I couldn't find it.
    Best Regards:
    Baron J.

Did a bit of a search on you tube on "Direct fit ER40 collet" and these two came up, first one is a bit more entertaining than the 2nd but both gave me a good idea of what it takes to do. Despite all the negatives of the net that ability it has given us to learn new things is still amazing.
    ER40 Collet Chuck Build (youtube.com)
    A Direct fit ER40 Collet Chuck (youtube.com)
    There are a few others online and it was good to watch to see the full process.

C.

Been a bit quiet but she who must be obeyed has declared I must finish the bathroom renovation before I do more on the lathe or new workshop It's only been going for 12 months and when it's your trade (tiler) I didn't think I was meant to finish, isn't there some unwritten law a tradie never is to finish their own jobs they start. Only thing lathe that has happened is last bits of tooling arrived, threading tools, boring bars, cutters to suit, different bits of hss for cut off tool and some reasonable quality measuring tools (yes Chinese) Bench is finished bar paint. So slowly getting there, thankfully there is lots of great reading and videos to at least grow all the basic understanding even if it's not hands on yet. The other thing I am exploring is Amanda surprised me and asked would I be really happy with my micro workshop idea (3x2) and should I be looking at putting in a proper workshop 9x4.5 / 12x4.5 or similar, so now the mind is spinning.

Ahah. The lovely lady has you sussed.
    Give the man an incentive and he’ll be motivated to finish that reno!!
    Get it in writing or you may discover what post reno amnesia is

I personally couldn’t cope with a 3x2 workshop, but larger ones have their issues too if you’re prone to “too many excited starts” and not enough finishing.

Get that lathe running in the 3x2 and get a feel for what you might want in a larger space before jumping in.

Steve

Almost OxxAndBert, but if she were being truly transparent it would be noted that regardless of size if I build a 4 bay shed Amanda will try to claim 2 of said bays for her own pursuits.

Quote Originally Posted by OxxAndBert View Post
    I personally couldn’t cope with a 3x2 workshop, but larger ones have their issues too if you’re prone to “too many excited starts” and not enough finishing.
    Or if you're prone to putting tools etc down somewhere along the way when finding something else. An 18m long shed feels like 180m after the 10th lap around trying to find that spanner you just had... Of course, when you do find it, you've left whatever it was you needed it for somewhere now...

Quote Originally Posted by getshafted400 View Post
    Almost OxxAndBert, but if she were being truly transparent it would be noted that regardless of size if I build a 4 bay shed Amanda will try to claim 2 of said bays for her own pursuits.
    So build 8 bays, and you'll get the 4 you really wanted. Problem solved. And then there's even more bays available for you to stage a hostile takeover of later.

Mate of mine has a 20x12 with a 6m wide verandah along the long side. Wall height about 4.5
    It’s a nice size I reckon, and the verandah provides lots of under cover storage and parking without taking up workshop space.

No chance of a hostile takeover at my place J&H - I’d be neutralized as soon as I stepped through the door.
    I take the stealth approach, under cover of darkness to gain a foothold then slow expansion of the occupied territory.
    Have to admit I have been forcefully evicted a couple of times though and am currently treading the “if you don’t clean up that crap I’m going to call a scrappie and get rid of the lot”

Steve

A acquaintance through a mate used to rope said mate into nefarious activities... Said mate would go to visit, and find him in strange places about the house.

"What are you up to now?"

"Quick, quick, we've got to get all this moved and out of sight before the missus gets home!"

The acquaintance has now unfortunately passed, relatively early in his life all things considered, and the mate had the duty to inform the missus that in addition to the jam packed shed in the back yard, and the stuff shoved under the deck that she'd uncovered, that there was about a couple of tons in lengths of wood, sewing machines, and other 'good stuff' scrounged from hard rubbish and other places stashed up in the trusses inside the house roof that also needs clearing out....

Guess which sucker now gets to drag it all back OUT the manhole again, probably by himself this time from the sounds of it....

She probably doesn't look up when she's in her shed, usually lots of free space there....

The truly forward thinking man, however, will send his wife on a holiday for a week or two during the initial construction of the sheds with promises to finish off lining and painting her shed while shes away. Said man will then construct a false wall up against the real wall, with rollers underneath. When the time comes to commence 'annexation', simply roll the wall in an inch every couple of weeks. Just like the slow loss of power in a car with a dying air flow meter, she'll never notice the space disappearing. Extreme caution of course must be taken not to give the game away at the point where you are dragged into her shed and she asks with a puzzled look "Does this shed feel smaller to you than it used to?" Choose your answer, tone, expression, rate of breathing and heart rate very carefully...

This message will self destruct after reading for everyone's protection....

1200sqm block, 15x8 shed, no missus… no problem

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678