Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for gal PFC 75x40 Sydney

Hey fellas looking for 2 length's 6 meter's or 1x 12 meter length cut in half 75x40 PFC channel must be galvanised, building a new tinny trailer, bending the channel in the press using homemade dies, and U bolting it together with 50x50x3mm shs for cross member's, current trailer is absolutely gone holes rusted right thru cross member's big holes in main chassis rail's i was lucky it made it to the new house
    Attached Images Attached Images

Righto guy's the trailer build begins can only find 100x50 PFC in galvanised going to ask about delivery tomorrow need it delivered a fair way from Camden to Liverpool area

I measured my old trailer and i need teo side chassis rail's at 4.3 meter's each the PFC comes in 9 meter's so only just scrapes it in

Not sure about drilling the holes and neighbours going off there head's, old mate next door is still being a meat head so i think i'll drill towards his side of the house

Will see if i can find a cheap magnetic drill to punch the holes fast

Stay tuned

Found a local supplier on gumtree called up and the lady said they had 80x40mm but they only had 60x40 which i thought was ok looking at it, felt heavy it only had a small flex under it's own weight which still would have been ok for my trailer, but i ended up ordering 100x50 @ 6m x2 lengths weighs 44.5kg, it will be delivered today, going by the weight of the 60x40 i probably wont need dies for the 100x50 but will see

I only need 2x length's at 4.5m so i'll use the offcut'sto test bending

Kind of does'nt look as "heavy duty" as what i seen in the factory, my 20 ton press should bend this just really worried about bending it backward or to the oppisite side that has the flange, im really hopping the flang just stretches, if i need to box it in anywhere i can but trying to avoid welding to keep the gal coating, drilled holes will be heavily sprayed with tectyl and maybe a layer of grease
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2009au View Post
    Found a local supplier on gumtree called up and the lady said they had 80x40mm but they only had 60x40 which i thought was ok looking at it, felt heavy it only had a small flex...
    Looks like cheap chinese steel from blacktown fencing , lol ? hot dipped gal seconds used for fencing but they do a great price compared to the majors ! How much they charge you for delivery ?

Brought it from a factory in Wetherill Park they had a whole stack full,$119 each, $65 for delivery as i'm not to far away

Trying to source a new bench or pedestal drill, i still have the old ryobi drill press but shes shagged, i think my cordless will be too loud to use

Hopping to start bending the c channel steel tomorrow if i can get everything together, need another set of hand's to hold the steel while it's in the press, I'll post pictures if it work's out

You will need to be very carefulbendingthe channels as the galvanizing can quite easily lose adhesion or crack off the steel. I am guessing that both the steel channel and the galvanising are the cheapest money can buy based upon the price you paid. That's not intended as a criticism by any means, but more an indicator of what may lie ahead when you come to work with it.
    Given that it sounds like you are working in what may be termed a hostile environment, it may pay to check up on council regulations and also any rules imposed by the landlord or body corporate etc. It always annoys me that a loud party or someone cranking their stereo can produce equal or more noise than basic power tools, but people will complain about their earsbeing asailed by a drill before they'd complain about Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran, and I know which one I'd prefer hands down.

Your right Karl the blokeout the back pulls in all hour's of the night playing loud music 11:30-3am , my dog's bark and the lady right behind me complain's but say's nothing about the loud music

Council regulation's are i can use power tools throughout the day so long as they don't disturb neighbours within there living room's, i don't think a drill press will be that loud drilling 8mm holes, i will need to use the angle grinder briefly, the air compressor i most definitly won't run

Default Looking for gal PFC 75x40 Sydney

4 years ago, I had a noise complaint against me saying I was using my angle grinder after day light hours.

They claimed to have an eye witness.

It was their word against mine. I was the one with the angle grinder Looking for gal PFC 75x40 Sydney

I was using the angle grinder that morning trying to thin out a cheap spanner and the person came to look over shoulder with sparks flying.

I knew immediately this was not going to go well from the look on their face.

Door to door the distance between me and him is 100ft.

I have only used my angle grinder once after that.

Super annoying but itís part of living close to a dense population.

As I mentioned previously, I just schedule my work when no one is around.

We have an elderly gentleman next to us who has a big shed and he is into wood work. He is usually sawing wood panels all day long some weekends. I once had a chat with him about the large old drill press sitting out on his patio (semi exposed to the weather). He told me that my block had reported a noise complaint against him with the council. He asked if I could hear him from my living room, I said its no louder than my vacuum cleaner Looking for gal PFC 75x40 Sydney Donít bother with these complaints, they complain about everything, keep doing itLooking for gal PFC 75x40 Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by kafie1980 View Post
    4 years ago, I had a noise complaint against me saying I was using my angle grinder after day light hours.

They claimed to have an eye witness....

..It was their word against mine. I was the one with the angle grinder

... they complain about everything, keep doing itLooking for gal PFC 75x40 Sydney.
    Years ago , my neighbour had a issue with the other neighbour so one day he had enough walked across the road and shot him in head with a shot gun. Those were the good ol days when you buy 22 at the toy shop and a packet of thow downs for 20c. Now a days people just ring the council rather than go over and start a arguement about it face to face, lol .

Nothing quite conveys a cease and desist message like a shotgun I suppose.
    In all seriousness though, many residents forget that they may need some understanding or lenience one day themselves.
    I once had a very irate resident, quite under the influence of some substance/s in my humble opinion, bitterly complain that the red and blue lights and pump on our fire truck was disturbing his one night off. We were fighting to save his neighbour's house that was ablaze at the time.
    Never underestimate the stupidity and pettiness of entitled individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Robbers View Post
    Nothing quite conveys a cease and desist message like a shotgun I suppose.
    In all seriousness though, many residents forget that they may need some understanding or lenience one day themselves.
    I once had a very irate resident, quite under the influence of some substance/s in my humble opinion, bitterly complain that the red and blue lights and pump on our fire truck was disturbing his one night off. We were fighting to save his neighbour's house that was ablaze at the time.
    Never underestimate the stupidity and pettiness of entitled individuals.
    Wow that takes the cake, maybe they never got aling or maybe the guy you spoke to lit the fire

Inspection next week so i will know what the neighbours are complaining about

The grinding should only take 5mins but it will be loud, the steel is in the front yard

The older lady over the back heard me swaering the other night just on dark so she came to the start of the driveway and seen me trying to break in with a bit of coat hanger wire, i accently locked my self out, automatic door shutter and the dead lock does'nt stay unlocked when u want it to

So no doubt she complained about me swearing

I will place my two garbage bins to block the sound of the grinder

Guys i have successfully bent aluminium i beam to 8.1 degree's but i beam has a positive and negative flange on the bend, since i'm using parallel flange C channel do you think it will kink only having a flang on either the positive or negative side as i need 2x bend's in both direction's towards the flange and away from the flange, would there be a possiblity of the flange thinning out as it bend's and the flange cracking?

I'm looking for steel to make a channel 150mm wide 700mm long 100mm deep to lay the PFC channel along and press it down into the homemade channel

It's similar to how i bent the aluminium i beam here's a video

https://youtu.be/XMtThomohLw?si=K9zAMIWA5LnEuQ6u

https://youtu.be/uaUx2ouKntc?si=2kGtzSxpmqoh582c

https://youtu.be/psFtrVerhVw?si=HFD5ZxwNQCZnqZe2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast