Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default Parkanson Powered Hacksaw

    G’day everyone I’m wondering if anyone has a manual for this Parkanson powered hacksaw? If you have one of these more modern ones what speed is it running at roughly?

    You can see it running here https://youtu.be/knXdlCh65F8

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    62
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I have the same machine. I'm restoring it. Came with 3 phase motor, so I'm installing a VFD to run of 240 single phase. The hydraulic lift seems very worn, but the rest looks in very restorable condition. So, some work needed to re-manufacture the pump/lift mechanism. Someone has replaced the coolant pump with a stand alone 240v unit, so that's not a problem.
    To your question...sorry I don't have a manual. I searched on line and found very little on this model.
    Damn good looking saw, I reckon. Strong and should cut straight. Looking forward to finishing the resto and putting her into service.
    Cheers, Tony

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silversprings View Post
    I have the same machine. I'm restoring it. Came with 3 phase motor, so I'm installing a VFD to run of 240 single phase. The hydraulic lift seems very worn, but the rest looks in very restorable condition. So, some work needed to re-manufacture the pump/lift mechanism. Someone has replaced the coolant pump with a stand alone 240v unit, so that's not a problem.
    To your question...sorry I don't have a manual. I searched on line and found very little on this model.
    Damn good looking saw, I reckon. Strong and should cut straight. Looking forward to finishing the resto and putting her into service.
    Cheers, Tony

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Thanks Tony. Yeh I just swapped out the 3 phase motor for a single phase one yesterday. My hydraulic ram was bent in half and had to make a new one but it works great now. Good luck with the resto

    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    I had one for a while, but sold it last year when I got my big horizontal bandsaw.
    Here's mine running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEMVzLvJjM
    Looks to be about the same speed as yours.

    Steve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OxxAndBert View Post
    I had one for a while, but sold it last year when I got my big horizontal bandsaw.
    Here's mine running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEMVzLvJjM
    Looks to be about the same speed as yours.

    Steve
    Awesome thats a relief haha. Just seems fast but good to know its not. Looks like your saw crank spins the opposite way to mine the arrow on yours is anti clock wise and mines clockwise... weird variation haha

    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Nothing to say that mine is turning the right way. It was definitely cutting on the pull stroke and lifting on the return (push stroke). That was how I connected the motor up - definitely worked well but I’m not sure if it’s “correct”.

    Steve

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OxxAndBert View Post
    Nothing to say that mine is turning the right way. It was definitely cutting on the pull stroke and lifting on the return (push stroke). That was how I connected the motor up - definitely worked well but I’m not sure if it’s “correct”.

    Steve
    Mine cuts on the push stroke. Dont know if theres a right or wrong as long as it cuts. Cutting on the pull stroke on a powered hacksaw does make more sense to me though

    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    325

    Default

    My PHS is almost identical to yours (hydraulic lift cylinder looks a little more beefy on mine). Works great but I still need to put a seal of some sort on the lift plunger. Mine runs the same speed as all of yours. Cannot recall if it cuts on the push or pull stroke.

    I have a thread on here somewhere with the plumbing of the hydraulics if that helps.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mk1_Oz View Post
    My PHS is almost identical to yours (hydraulic lift cylinder looks a little more beefy on mine). Works great but I still need to put a seal of some sort on the lift plunger. Mine runs the same speed as all of yours. Cannot recall if it cuts on the push or pull stroke.

    I have a thread on here somewhere with the plumbing of the hydraulics if that helps.
    Thanks. I had to make a cap for the hydralic ram and rebuild they're surprisingly simple. Glas the speeds the same it just seemed fast but good to know its not

    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Gulfview Heights, Adelaide
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I have the same machine, it has 3 phase motors for the main motor and coolant pump.
    Mine cuts on the push stroke.

Similar Threads

  1. Parkanson Power Hacksaw
    By Mk1_Oz in forum METALWORK GENERAL
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 14th Nov 2020, 07:17 PM
  2. Parkanson power hacksaw
    By OxxAndBert in forum METALWORK - Machinery, Equipment, MARKET
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st Oct 2020, 03:41 PM
  3. Parkanson Power Hacksaw 45 angle cut
    By TootsieB in forum METALWORK GENERAL
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 23rd May 2019, 01:53 PM
  4. SOLD: PARKANSON Power Hacksaw
    By harty69 in forum METALWORK - Machinery, Equipment, MARKET
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th Jul 2013, 07:52 PM
  5. Parkanson power hacksaw
    By Dave J in forum METALWORK GENERAL
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 18th Feb 2012, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •