Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree Ed.

Im not the worlds greatest welder by any means. Sure I have grown up in the country and we welded from a young age but besides some small formal education of welding as a part of my trade I am not a welder by trade.

But you are correct, some of the welds on caravans and campers is scary to look at. I have seen welds that dont even hit the place they are supposed to be welding! And more often than not welds are very cold sitting on top type beads that do not do the job.
    I think a lot of manufacturers use young inexperienced people to do the welding.

Yep, hence the reason I think that's where a lot of problems with chassis failing start from, apart from the design issues. On my boat trailer I was lucky to spot the multiple cracked support arms when I did, as my next trip down the highway might have been very interesting, as I said this is a well known large boat trailer manufacturer but in my case, welding was fine, design was not. Other times it's the welding itself, I looked at a new 4x4 dual cab once without the tray and just checked it out, from what I saw, the first thing I thought of was "memo to self, do not buy this brand".

This sub-forum is "Trailers and other Fabricating stuff", so I am sure others would be interested in the build, so feel free to give a blow by blow description of your build, it may inspire other members to do the same, they may not comment unless they have something to contribute or need to ask questions but will still follow it and it may give others ideas on what works or not for them.

Cheers

Ed.

Thanks for your comments Ed, I'm interested in the suspension design. Looks very good and durable.
    Kryn
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12