Default HM-48 Mill Oil points?

Not wanting to use the mill recently without oil on all surfaces which require it, I used my ML& Nito32 as the oil plunger was full and only one I have atm.

Before I get into more work I need to acquire a second oil pump type unit, locate ALL the nipples seems I need to modify the DRO on the X axis to be able to gain access without the need to constantly remove it a note to H&F
    I have read the manual not one word of locations of these points however they are noted in the Parts list. Wish they supplied an oil pump unit with the machine trying to find a decent size one to suit all access points not going well.

I've removed a factory installed DRO bracket (HM52 bought 10 years ago, y axis) and drilled a hole through it to access the oiling point directly behind it.
    Trivial, but the lack of thought is annoying. It sounds like they've not learned much.
    Can't help with oil point locations sorry.

Thanks Bob

What are you using to inject oil?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Not wanting to use the mill recently without oil on all surfaces which require it, I used my ML& Nito32 as the oil plunger was full and only one I have atm.

Before I get into more work I need to acquire a second oil pump type unit, locate ALL the nipples seems I need to modify the DRO on the X axis to be able to gain access without the need to constantly remove it a note to H&F
    I have read the manual not one word of locations of these points however they are noted in the Parts list. Wish they supplied an oil pump unit with the machine trying to find a decent size one to suit all access points not going well.
    Go onto AliExpress, they have kits with everything needed to take the hassle out of it.

The kits range from around 70-80 Australian dollars for a manual pump with everything.
    The price only starts going up with the style of pump, eg electric fully automatic etc.

When I seen them, I thought finally a seller putting together kits at really reasonable prices, which saves us money on postage buying everything individual.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Thanks Bob

What are you using to inject oil?
    I'm using a standard type oil can, the nozzle is rounded and has a 1.8mm hole, works OK on the ball oilers.

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

Thanks gents as much as I'd love an automated system I'll be sticking with the oil can/s I think or the pump type if I can locate another one.