PDA

View Full Version : From lathe parts to free p4 computers

bitza500
26th Mar 2009, 11:44 PM
Hi all, well it is garage cleaning time and I have tome P4 computers free to a good home only thing is pick up from my place inCroydon
These computers are a Athalon 2400+ or 1.5GB they have a 20gb hard drive and 256 MB ram
These were ex Tafe college and donated to the primary School and were only used for a year until I installed $30,000+ worth of new stuff

As it was the Holidays I was not paid for my work except that I was able to help myself to the now discarded computers

They come with a 17" Monitor keyboard ,mouse, and speakers

Now the BAD bit they have no software as being connected to a server they had a image with most of XP deleted so our pupils could not stuff them up

All I want to do is get rid of them as they are a P4 and to good to throw out
So first in gets a free computer and all you have to do is install whatever Software you have and to get them to boogey add more ram as I put 786 MB in the Library computers and boy did they work well and the head of the library was amazed at how well they improved
So please let me know as I have 4 years of computer parts
all the computer parts and complete system are going either to the tip or to someone who wants anothe computer
Computers were BH ( Before Hercus) as well as stamps, laptops, and my V8 4WD conversion so to make room all have to go so please let me know asap as by Saturday they will be out in the weather with the rest of the junk waiting to get taken away
No money just come and pick a computr up from my place in Croydon Vic 3136
I am sorry I cannot help the interstae owners but to much gets damaged and I am going for broke to clear the pile of bits
all the best Derek
[email protected]

neksmerj
27th Mar 2009, 10:23 PM
Hi Bitza500.

Surely there is some organization that will accept old computers, and send them overseas for needy kids. It seems such a waste to just chuck them out.

I'm sure you have explored this avenue.

Ken

tea lady
27th Mar 2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Bitza500.

Surely there is some organization that will accept old computers, and send them overseas for needy kids. It seems such a waste to just chuck them out.

I'm sure you have explored this avenue.

Ken
Here is a place.http://www.computerbank.org.au/recycle

bitza500
29th Mar 2009, 02:20 AM
Hi Anna-marie, thank you for that email address as I have rung a dozen places and all they will do is strip them for scrap as being a 1.5 MB it is classsed as to old as the Monitors are to old as they were built in 2000 used at Tafe then at the Primary School But all the replies I have got is Desktop Computers are worth nothing only towers with 2.0GB CPU or they just scrap and as I have been ringing around nobody wants old computers that still work but have no software

all the best Derek

arose62
29th Mar 2009, 08:49 AM
Ubuntu!!

Linux in one of its many flavours is the answer to "no software" !

Anyone who wants to see what computing is like without MicroSoft should grab one of these, and the CD/DVD from the front of an APC mag in their local library, and have some fun.

Cheers,
Andrew

bitza500
19th Apr 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi Timboon scouts can someone please contact me about picking up these computers please as I need the space to store more stuff

all the best Derek

Ammerchewer
6th Jul 2009, 02:52 PM
Hi
Still got those computers in the shed?

bitza500
6th Jul 2009, 06:59 PM
Hi
Still got those computers in the shed?

Hi, sorry all gone the remaining P4 went to the Timboon Scouts and the rest of the oldies went for scrap
all the best derek