PDA

View Full Version : Hercus arm13846 has bitz the dust

bitza500
20th Mar 2009, 09:04 PM
Hi all, well Hercus lathe No7 found it's way into my wrecking hole(garage) and before we have complaints about stripping a late ARM lathe

I bought this lathe like the last to strip as More Hercus's appear the less amount of Second hand Parts are available

Yes this is a EX SCHOOL lathe with engravings and lathe bed damage but it was complete runs and I can now offer the members of the Forum a range of parts

I have found only one fault and that is the vertical top pulley shaft bushes are worn and so is the paintwork

It is a Model ARM so a metric lathe in wonderfull Kermit green

All parts are for sale but as this was not a cheap buy and I am not going to loose money like the last one the prices will be worked out on the price paid and the rarity of the part as well

The roller bearing Headstock will be sold stripped with only the headstock and the Mainshaft as all the early Hercus pulleys backgears and bullgear interchange as I have already fitted one to my 1954 Hercus

Main difference the gearbox if bought the buyer will have to grind a groove out of the side of the bed behind the gearbox due to a larger gear, the apron has metric half nuts and a 3mm screw fitting ,and the spindles, nuts and dials are Metric

The rest of the lathe is the same as the Imperial version tailstock, carraige,crosslides ,bullgear backgear mainshaft pulley top pulley the list goes on
It also has fibreglass covers for the pulleys and the original Factory cabinet

So please excuse the lousy pictures but a cheap camera and not much light
Please if you want parts please send me a PM as I do not want the Forum clogged up with selling bits
I live in Croydon Victoria so take this into account with POSTAGE and any locals can arrange and have a look at the parts before they buy

So I spent 3 hours stripping 2 hours cleaning the worst gunk off but parts will be cleaned to a point and no parts will be painted up as they need repainting

So anybody interested just send me a PM and will hopefully have worked out the price structure by tonight

all the best Derek
bitza500
[email protected]

kats1719
21st Mar 2009, 02:11 PM
Sent pm regarding fiberglass pully covers

Mark2
21st Mar 2009, 07:48 PM
Hi all, well Hercus lathe No7 found it's way into my wrecking hole(garage) and before we have complaints about stripping a late ARM lathe

I bought this lathe like the last to strip as More Hercus's appear the less amount of Second hand Parts are available

Yes this is a EX SCHOOL lathe with engravings and lathe bed damage but it was complete runs and I can now offer the members of the Forum a range of parts

I have found only one fault and that is the vertical top pulley shaft bushes are worn and so is the paintwork

It is a Model ARM so a metric lathe in wonderfull Kermit green

All parts are for sale but as this was not a cheap buy and I am not going to loose money like the last one the prices will be worked out on the price paid and the rarity of the part as well

The roller bearing Headstock will be sold stripped with only the headstock and the Mainshaft as all the early Hercus pulleys backgears and bullgear interchange as I have already fitted one to my 1954 Hercus

Main difference the gearbox if bought the buyer will have to grind a groove out of the side of the bed behind the gearbox due to a larger gear, the apron has metric half nuts and a 3mm screw fitting ,and the spindles, nuts and dials are Metric

The rest of the lathe is the same as the Imperial version tailstock, carraige,crosslides ,bullgear backgear mainshaft pulley top pulley the list goes on
It also has fibreglass covers for the pulleys and the original Factory cabinet

So please excuse the lousy pictures but a cheap camera and not much light
Please if you want parts please send me a PM as I do not want the Forum clogged up with selling bits
I live in Croydon Victoria so take this into account with POSTAGE and any locals can arrange and have a look at the parts before they buy

So I spent 3 hours stripping 2 hours cleaning the worst gunk off but parts will be cleaned to a point and no parts will be painted up as they need repainting

So anybody interested just send me a PM and will hopefully have worked out the price structure by tonight

all the best Derek
bitza500
[email protected]
Hi Derek,
Have you had any luck with the change gears I mentioned earlier on?
If so let me know what you have, what the condition is, and of course how much you want for them.
Regards Marc.

bitza500
16th Apr 2009, 02:31 AM
Hi marc, I have not seen the list of gears you want can you email me at home on
[email protected]

as the hippy has a lot of gears but I cannot remember your request so can you re email
all the best Derek