PDA

View Full Version : Anybody chasing a Metric gearbox

bitza500
12th Mar 2009, 03:10 PM
Hi all again, well as the last lathe was stripped and sold I only had to sell 2 parts on eBay the rest you lot devoured

I am looking at a Model ARM Serial 12,000 something to buy and strip for parts again although I did make a loss on the last one it was mainly me selling way to cheap as to why I have no parts left

So is anybody interested in parts for a ARM Tapered roller headstock metric gearbox
Cabinet carraige crosslides 3 & 4 jaw chucks I can plug this in 3Phase and use the lathe as it is complete and in reasonable nick but I need to know if it is worthwhile buying as I have to get my money back asap as I do not work as I am now defined as Unemployable after 13years someone has finally found having fibre optic wires in your spine is not a good thing to have when looking for work

So I will just plod at home and do lathes if the amount of people are interested in parts

all the best Derek
bitza500

jomac6
19th Mar 2009, 10:26 PM
Hi. will the gearbox fit my 260, the 9 inch models are slightly different, if so how much.
John H
:2tsup:

bitza500
24th Mar 2009, 01:16 AM
Hi John, as far as I am aware the only ? difference maybe the length of the leadscrew plus the lathe bed must be machined to clear one of the gears which I never had heard about
I thought all 260 had a gearbox ???
all the best Derek

jomac6
24th Mar 2009, 09:50 PM
Hi the 260 came in three models (1) geared head (2) non geared head (3) basic lathe, sans, gearbox, and power feeds. there were also short and long bed versions.
As you say the lead screw for the gearbox model is different, so are the change gears, which are also different again from the 9" model.
Anyway these problems can be overcome.
By the way how do you upload photo's onto this web site, I have trouble doing this with any site. This old fart needs his grandson to visit us again.

bitza500
24th Mar 2009, 11:47 PM
Hi John email me at
[email protected]
as I have a resizer that pipeclay told me about and is brilliant as you just adjust the 800 x 600 picture to say 750 x 550 and so long as it is under 100 whatever they are it will go onto the forum but under the emailing section is Manage Attachments that you have to click first to start the up load
all the best Derek