PDA

View Full Version : Buying from america

bitza500
24th Jan 2009, 11:51 PM
Hi Guys, just a bit of warning about buying in America I have been down the track by 20+ boxes from the States but if the parts are damaged or will not fit it is twice as dear to send back

Plus the latest talk the pitch of the gears are different South Bend is 14.5 Hercus is 20 Pitch so be warned as they make a hell of a whine when put together

Also now our Dollar has dropped the price in US Dollars is US $1.00 to AUD 50Cents approx and shipping the USPS offer a cheap shipping to Australia to send it back triple the price as I was going to send a box back it cost $24.00 to OZ to send it back $173.00 work that out

I am chasing parts that are now readily available in the states but the item is $37.50 US shipping $27.00US so by the time the 1PART arrives it is over the $100AUD

Just bide your time and lets see if the dollar goes up or someone can find another seller of Hercus parts

As I would still like to buy a complete lathe and strip it and sell it on the Register but as I had 2 enquiries for the 1 item only I cannot afford to pay the full amount to get the lathe as the $600 Lathe is now in bits which leaves a complete Model A metric and a Sheraton Metric both are $1,000 and as the Model A has a Good Taper bearing headstock plus a complete EX school lathe which the bed is the main dented part

So if you are chasing parts and are fair dinkum let me know as having priced in NSW a Headstock $350 Tailstock $250 it even has the original cabinet and they were $200+

So anybody intersted AGAIN????????????????????????????

all the best Derek