PDA

View Full Version : Got to first unread post option?

zathras
8th May 2004, 03:02 PM
WIth the fancy new BB (or even the old) is there a way to provide an on screen icon that will take you to the last unread post, as opposed to the very last post, of a thread.

It seems the email notification has this option, but when browsing the forums we can only either go to the very first or very last post in a thread.

Shane Watson
8th May 2004, 03:30 PM
Have a good look in your userCP options, I am sure i saw something in there in regards to this. Neil may have more detailed info.

Grunt
8th May 2004, 03:37 PM
The top menu has a 'New Posts' option.

zathras
8th May 2004, 04:34 PM
Shane, maybe blind but cannot see an option in there that will do what I'm after :(

Grunt, I know about "new posts", use it all the time, and that is exactly where the problem lies.

An email notification includes &goto=newpost in the URL, whereas when clicking the '>' button from the newposts search results it uses "&goto=lastpost"

eg the email notification I got for this thread is: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=8710&goto=newpost

Just wondering if the '>' can be changed, or an extra button provided.....

Sir Stinkalot
8th May 2004, 05:22 PM
First Click "New Posts"

Then under the "Last Post" Column it will show the last person who added to the tread. click on the small arrow next to their name and it will take you to the last unread post.

zathras
8th May 2004, 05:56 PM
No, I'm doing that already and it takes me to the VERY LAST POST. Not the first unread post. :mad: Please read what I have said previously. :rolleyes:

Sprog
8th May 2004, 07:04 PM
Doesn't the down arrow next to the Thread title take you to the first new post?

Sir Stinkalot
8th May 2004, 07:26 PM
Wow zathras .....

I will " :mad: read what I have said previously." ..... just to make sure that I don't reply to any of your posts in the future in case I cannot provide you with the exact answer. I will be sure to keep my (hopefully constructive) comments to myself when it comes to answering your questions so I don't waste your time. :(

zathras
8th May 2004, 08:11 PM
Doesn't the down arrow next to the Thread title take you to the first new post?

Ah ha, Thank you very much Sprog
I'm sure that has never existed in the past, then again.... - good one! Now I know :)

Stinky, don't take it personal, I was probably a bit short in my previous reply.