PDA

View Full Version : trade top help

thesupervisor
13th Nov 2008, 06:44 PM
hello all i sit on the fence most of the time i have just been asked to build a trade top and fit modifty trailer is there any off the shelf sellers or some where i can get shop drawings i am a welder /carpernter by trade so i just need a bit of help thanks in advance
rob

jatt
14th Nov 2008, 10:30 PM
Ring around a few trailer manufacturing joints.

Have priced up tradies tops in Melb & here in bendigo.

Recently enquired about a 6 x 5 top that will fit on my 10 x 5 tandem from a local manufacturer. Has a divider of course to section off the last 4 feet. Asking price, around $1000.

Guess u would have to ask yourself the usual questions, to make or build.

I would have to buy the steel, pay someone to fold & cut the sheets. Factoring in all those expenses before I even fired up the mig, well I would buy the top in.

Yonnee
15th Nov 2008, 10:02 AM
Ring around a few trailer manufacturing joints.
This is what I would suggest too.

Have priced up tradies tops in Melb & here in bendigo.

Recently enquired about a 6 x 5 top that will fit on my 10 x 5 tandem from a local manufacturer. Has a divider of course to section off the last 4 feet. Asking price, around $1000.
That's not all that cheap. My guess is because you were asking for an odd size, any "one-off" size like that will be more expensive than a standard "off the shelf" size.

thesupervisor
15th Nov 2008, 07:57 PM
thanks for the replys so far
i have had a price from papas trailers $1800 for a siple 2400x1500 i told him i only wanted the top not the trailer!!!! i thought there must be someone who can draw up the plans or a web site mabe the chinese make them cheap ?? haha ,the only real problem i can see is the doors they scare me because i want them to look good and not leak

Denim
17th Nov 2008, 08:23 PM
Not sure how much luck you'll have with finding the plans for the top but it's worth looking on Ebay for ones being sold. There'll be enough examples on there to give you a good idea on the best way to build it.