PDA

View Full Version : Shipping quirks.

mob
24th Sep 2008, 05:53 PM
I must replace the back gear on my new/ancient hercus, so on Thursday Morning I bought an assembly from the US on ebay. It was from that "Antfarm 200" guy mentioned on this forum. It arrived at noon today(Wednesday), well packed and looking gorgeous. How surprised was I? I purchased a couple of DVD's a week earlier(claimed to be in stock) from two local suppliers and they still haven't arrived. What the?

Penpal
25th Sep 2008, 10:32 PM
My experiences and they are many make me insist on postage from the United States is only to use USPS ( United States Postal Service) Priority Mail.The envelopes hold up to 4 lb for around 12 dollars. Flat rate boxes in two sizes Average dispatch to my door roughly 7 days. Cheap as chips.

UPS can be fraught with higher costs and charges for Customs Agents etc.

Peter:2tsup:

bitza500
26th Sep 2008, 12:22 AM
As I have bought big in the States I have had parcels from 3days to the last one is now coming up to 4 months always insist on Insurance
and try and get them to pack in a Flat Rate International box these cost $38.95 for a max 20LB weight and take 6 days tops to arrive wereas the last parcel this is the third time they have sent parts it is insured and sign for only but they still go missing
My idea is so long as you get it leave good feedback as soon as they send it off well it could come via Russia
all the best Derek