PDA

View Full Version : boat trailer

chippyk
10th Sep 2008, 05:10 PM
oy yonnee.

chippyk here.

I was wondering if you could help me.
I am toying with the idea of building myself a boat trailer, and was wondering if you could help with either some drawings or photo's I have a 3.6 flat bottom punt, hoping that you can help.

chippyk :2tsup:

jatt
10th Sep 2008, 08:03 PM
Eaglehawk eh, I'm just down the road, so to speak in Lockwood.

Assume u have checked out some of the other posts in this section. I built one a few months ago, Stufart has some pics in his post here as well.

Mine was setup with a camper on top. Some pics are in "Current side projects".

Might give u some inspiration.

Jatt

Yonnee
11th Sep 2008, 04:28 PM
Hey Chippyk, Welcome aboard.

Boat trailers aren't the easiest thing to design from scratch. And they're a little more complicated to build without a jig if you're incorporating a 'V' into the chassis. However they're not impossible.

Being a flat bottomed punt, you've got more of a fighting chance.

Any chance of a pic of the boat?

chippyk
13th Sep 2008, 01:50 PM
:2tsup:hi yonnee.

chippyk here.

hope you recieve this photo, don't know much about sending photos on the computer, only new at this caper so don't know if you will recieve it or not, here's hoping,

chippyk.:2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
13th Sep 2008, 02:59 PM
G'day chippyk, have a read of this (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=78760) sticky on how to attach images to your post

chippyk
13th Sep 2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks DJ.

you have been a great help,I sort of sent it the alternative way as you described at the end of your post,just have to wait now to see if Yonnee recieves it,

thanks again,

chippyk

chippyk
14th Sep 2008, 03:10 PM
hi yonnee.

chippyk here.

i am having another try at sending you a photo of my boat,hope you recieve this one,have been having a bit of trouble working this computer of mine have only been playing around with it for a short time, hope the photo is allright.

chippyk:2tsup: