PDA

View Full Version : new C MODEL HERCUS OWNER

beetle
3rd Jun 2008, 12:39 AM
Hi everyone ive just bought HERCUS C model and am interested in chatting with other members.Its and old high school machine,the chap i bought it off used to service them in the schools here in new south wales.From my conversation with him i think he may have a bit of gear.He was even kind enough to deliver it to my home.:2tsup:

BobL
3rd Jun 2008, 01:15 AM
Welcome Beetle - I have very fond memories of the Hercus C's from High school and we still have one at work that I take for a spin from time to time. I'd love to get hold of one for home but unfortunately - no space!!!

Anyway - watcha gonna make. I hope nothin too practical and just lots of jigs and stuff for the hercus to start with :D:

neksmerj
3rd Jun 2008, 01:52 AM
beetle, welcome.

The Hercus club is growing. There are quite a few members here only too willing to offer help and encouragement, Hercus owners and otherwise.

I won't name names here, but I know they will also offer advice, without hesitation.

I can supply you with a pdf copy of The Book of Turning by F.W.Hercus, the Owners manual and spare parts book, if you don't have a copy yet.
Just send me your email address.

If you go back through the Forum, Drummond submitted a list of serial numbers and manufacture dates for Hercus, submitted 5th May 2008.

I would be interested in contacting your "service chap" to see what else he has on offer, if that's possible.

Ken

Ralphie
3rd Jun 2008, 09:25 PM
:D Well done. I would like to hear from your friend too. I'm after a 4 jaw ind chuck and a face plate??? Maybe we could have a Hercus Forum??

beetle
4th Jun 2008, 12:30 AM
hi every one thanks for the welcome

beetle
4th Jun 2008, 12:33 AM
mick moyles seems to be the hercus place in sydney .we will have to keep an ear to the ground with the chap i bought the lathe off

beetle
4th Jun 2008, 12:34 AM
im still working as a fitter and have fond memories of these lathe also

klanger
31st Jul 2008, 12:01 AM
beetle, welcome.

The Hercus club is growing. There are quite a few members here only too willing to offer help and encouragement, Hercus owners and otherwise.

I won't name names here, but I know they will also offer advice, without hesitation.

I can supply you with a pdf copy of The Book of Turning by F.W.Hercus, the Owners manual and spare parts book, if you don't have a copy yet.
Just send me your email address.

If you go back through the Forum, Drummond submitted a list of serial numbers and manufacture dates for Hercus, submitted 5th May 2008.

I would be interested in contacting your "service chap" to see what else he has on offer, if that's possible.

Ken
Hi, I'm another new owner of a F.W. Hercus 9" lathe, late 40's vintage apparently. I was trying to find a parts manual on the net but without much luck..... Would someone have an electronic copy of this? Does it show any detail of the drive setup, leather belt and motor etc. as mine looks as if it has been modified to some degree.

Kurt

beetle
31st Jul 2008, 12:19 AM
When I locate the mans phone number I'II post it here:2tsup: