PDA

View Full Version : CONFUSION - Doorstops missing

DanP
22nd Nov 2003, 11:34 PM
On a few threads doorstop has obviously replied in some fashion but I can't see his posts. Whilst some might think this would be a good thing, it makes the threads very confusing. It would be like ripping a page out of a book then trying to understand the story line. :confused:

Dan

ozwinner
23rd Nov 2003, 01:45 PM
Maybe he was naughty. :eek:

ubeaut
23rd Nov 2003, 03:17 PM
Doorstop was very naughty. I just found out that he decided he had, had enough abuse from all and sundry (yours truely included) and in a morbid fit of the sads used his recently aquired administrative powers to deleted himself as a member.

I for one am very sad to see his demise and am extremely disapointed with his actions. His leaving has left a big hole in these forums and I mean that literally. In deleting himself from membership he has automatically deleted all of his posts thus depriving people of his expertise, considerable knowledge and boundless humour.

His leaving will be lamented by many and probably aclaimed by the odd few. Whatever, he will be sorely missed.

Neil

ozwinner
23rd Nov 2003, 03:33 PM
Gees Stoppers
I think all the feedback from other users was all in fun.
It didnt look malishes (is that how you spell it?) to me.
I actualy thought ya had a thicker skin than that?
Come back Stoppers we all love you, not in that sort of way either.
If you have to go, then it was nice meeting you, truely. :)
Cheers, Allan, :( :( :( :( :(

JackoH
23rd Nov 2003, 05:14 PM
What Neil said.
Come back Stoppers!
Undelete yourself, Please.
I did'nt mean it, honest.
Who can I insult now.
http://www.ubeaut.biz/argue.gif

DaveInOz
24th Nov 2003, 10:14 AM
Ouch!

Chris was my favorite target for extraction, only because he seemed most able to take it.
If anything I said in anyway contributed to your descision I unreservedly withdraw it and assure you it was in fun.
Next time we meet it will be me quickly grabing your hand for a precautionary handshake (so you can't punch me) :) You may be old and bald but your a big fella too.

TTFN

(sounds like a bloody obituary - Alas poor Doorstop, I new him Horatio)

Zed
24th Nov 2003, 11:06 AM
I too am disturbed by the disapearance of stoppers. perhaps he will return under a psudeonym - eg Son of Doorstop or SOD for short.

come back stoppers!!!

Wood Borer
24th Nov 2003, 11:31 AM
Doorstop’s contributions and humour will be missed, I hope we hear from him again soon.

- Wood Borer

DanP
24th Nov 2003, 03:16 PM
He probably just dun it to make us say nice things about him:D

Sorry to lose you doorstop. Really. :(

Christopha
25th Nov 2003, 02:50 PM
It was time for Doorstop to retire, he will not be back.

He has found a compelling urge to go fishing.

DaveInOz
25th Nov 2003, 03:44 PM
I hope this hasn't put our new member Christopha off. And BTW welcome on board.

Vale Doorstop
:(
Ave Christopha
:)

Wood Borer
25th Nov 2003, 06:26 PM
The advertisement at the bottom of this page at the moment is titled "Door Stop Alarm".

Doorstop has returned to us but at a lower level.

Hopefully he will elevate himself back.

- Wood Borer

PS I opened the advertisement to contribute to the coffers

Caliban
26th Nov 2003, 12:13 AM
If he is too much of a sook to take the flack he asks for, then its probably just as well he has retired.
The best part of being an Aussie is being able to cop a bit of flack in return for dishing it out. I used to respect him. But now?
Come back you big girl.
I realise this is leading with my jaw, but hey,
it's made of glass and anyway run away sooks aren't going to say anything.
Jim:

Kev Y.
26th Nov 2003, 08:22 PM
May Doorstop rest in peace with his beloved big blue lathe!

:( :( :(

spbookie
4th Dec 2003, 01:06 PM
Bummer.

In one of his typical replies, sarcastic, witty and to the point (well it was blunt, but you know what I mean), Doorstop gave me some excellent advice on tools to purchase that I took and am very happy with the results.

I hope that you are dropping in occasionally Doorstop and see this post so that you know that your useful contributions and practical advice will be sorely missed.

Thanks for your contributions.

Spbookie

Stuart
12th Dec 2003, 11:18 AM
Perhaps he wants to contribute to the Triton section now, and couldn't use the Doorstop pseudonym! ;)

Zed
12th Dec 2003, 11:37 AM
Whats the Big F deal with triton anyway ? why do some think its and others swear by it ? is there a major school of thought difference here ? does one need to paint oneself orange to have street cred in triton land ? must one melt ones triton work centre into ingots upon purchase of another brand combo machine ?

me no understand kemosabe... canna we not live on peace, sing kumbaya and hold hands in loving togetherness ?

Eastie
12th Dec 2003, 12:34 PM
Zed,
There isn't one (that is there's no "F" in triton), your guess is as good as mine?, it seems to be a private school v's public school sort of debate - we all know the private school kids ride in the back seat of the merc and mimic their socially conforming liberal parents, I'm pretty sure you don't have to paint yourself orange -in fact you'd look like a dick if you did, the ingot would be tricky for most to arrange in their back yard - however i like your non materialsistic aporach - melt it down and spread the molten metal over the back lawn and once cool attach a picture hook to the back and display it inside as a piece of industrial art- very fashionable at the moment I believe. Last but by no means least I'm not sure I know you well enough for the loving togetherness thing - perhaps we could one day just enjoy a mutual non touchy feely beer whilst repsecting each others personal space ??? :D

If these are not the answers you are looking for then I'm sure if you ask nice enough Dave will come to your aid.

Cheers,
Eastie :D