PDA

View Full Version : Weldmaster TIG 200p ???

blkcrx
14th Dec 2007, 06:54 PM
Hi all im new here so yeah don’t flame but I’m about to buy a new tig welder and was thinking of buying a Weldmaster TIG 200p ACDC has anyone used one of these before any feedback ?

Regards James

Grahame Collins
14th Dec 2007, 07:52 PM
I-TIG200PACDC
Availability Status IN STOCK
Description PULSE DUTY % 10-90,CLEAN WIDTH %20-80,SLOPE DOWN 0-10 SECS,POST FLOW 0-10 SECS,
PULSE FREQUENCY HZ 0.5-300, SQUARE WAVE,
HIGH FREQUENCY START,
LIFT ARC START, PRE GAS,
POST GAS, 2 T AND 4 T OR LATCHING, DOWN SLOPE , SQUARE WAVE AND ALUMINIUM CLEANING CYCLE.
OPEN CIRCULT VOLTAGE 85 VOLTS AND DUTY CYCLE 200 AMPS @ 60% FOR TIG WELDING.
GENERATOR PROTECTED 4.5KVA 15% +AND 15% - OF 230 VOLTS.
OUT PUT RATED CURRENT 200AMPS, FUSE REQUIRED 15-20 AMPS THIS MACHINE IS IDEAL FOR FOR ALL JOBS UP TO 10MM THICK
COMES COMPLETE WITH A 26 TIG TORCH AND ARR7 PROFESSIONAL FLOW REGULATOR.
WEIGHT 20KGS SIZE 493 X 330 X 320

EXTRAS FOOT CONTROL

BACK AND SERVICED AUSTRALIA WIDE THROUGH WELDMASTER SERVICE AGENTS
FULL 12 MONTHS WARRANTY

Hi blkcrx and welcome to the mob ,

I Googled up the unit and cut and pasted the advertising specs. You will notice I highlighted the bit about handling up to 10mm thick.

I say, but not for very long if you do not use a water cooled tig torch and the torch shown iappears not to be water cooled. That means you need a water recirc unit and a water cooled torch if you are going to run near top end capacity on aluminium.
It may be helpful to compare price and specs with sightly higher priced units such as Fronius and Kemppi.The small difference in price may surprise you.

In the end it gets back to fitness for purpose.Some info on what you expect the welder to do for you will be helpful for members to offer a view on it.

Other than that I won't comment but it has spares and warranty so its a good starting point.

See if thethe vendors are willing to let you have trial in their shop.

Grahame

blkcrx
15th Dec 2007, 04:47 PM
Grahame thanks for your reply I also popped down to BOC this morning and they gave me information on the Kemppi MLS 2300 ACDC ACX and although its double the price the features it comes with seem fantastic, im very much considering spending extra on the Kempii. I got quoted $4515ex gst for the Kempii and 2500inc GST for the weld master.

The welder its self is not for me, but for a future fabricator, we fabricate stainless steel pipe structures for the automotive industry, ie extractors / headers / exhaust systems all out of stainless. We also are looking at using it for aluminum welding also for producing intake manifolds / intercooler pipe work etc. Currently we hire someone for our welding and they provide there equipment, unfortunately this arrangement is no longer an option for us so we will be buying our own equipment and hiring a fabricator on demand and or full time. The key is to make sure we have good equipment in place from the start.