PDA

View Full Version : Don't Laugh!

Simple
9th Jul 2003, 02:44 PM
Please note that I have only been a member for about one week so I am still a little wet behind the ears when it comes to deciphering some of the acronyms used on this b.b. (I know what that one stands for).

I just can't take it any longer and am prepared to face ridicule and embarrassment just to put this one behind me. Please go easy on me.

Bunnies is easy
Hardly Normal is easy

but I'll be buggered if I can work out what SWMBO stands for. Please put me out of my misery quietly.

Simon M.:o

Johnno
9th Jul 2003, 02:50 PM
You obviously don't watch enough TV.

'She Who Must Be Obeyed'

Rumpole's wife! (For some reason I kept typing "Rumsfeld" - not quite the same class of comedian!)

colh
9th Jul 2003, 03:02 PM
very closely related to "her indoors"

Simple
9th Jul 2003, 04:16 PM
‘Aha’ he says, as it all becomes clear. I was starting to wonder what it was and whether I needed one for the workshop.

It’s lucky I didn’t go telling SWMBO that I need to go out and get one of these because heaps of the guys on the bulletin board have got one and they’re always talking about it.

Somehow I don’t think bringing one home and saying ‘I needed an upgrade’ would work.

colh
9th Jul 2003, 04:27 PM
and unlike clamps or chisels, having two is not better than one.

Colin

AlexS
9th Jul 2003, 05:22 PM
Bigamy is having one wife too many.

Monogamy is the same.

arose62
9th Jul 2003, 05:28 PM
If the plural of "mouse" is "mice", shouldn't
the plural of "spouse" be "spice" ??

Cheers,
Andrew

John Saxton
10th Jul 2003, 12:58 AM
Isn't it the "spice' in your life that makes it interesting?

ajax
10th Jul 2003, 08:35 AM
...caution...too much of spice burns the mouth

barnsey
11th Jul 2003, 01:50 AM
..more caution - I'm on the 4th and they all burn

This one's a gem though!!!:D

Wood Borer
11th Jul 2003, 10:11 AM
I stumbled across a really good SWMBO 26 years ago, married her and we are still going strong. Stronger every year.

Still don't understand her logic but that's one of life's mysteries.

I was going to try and weave the words sharp, strop, abrasive, cutting, drilling and routing into a smart statement but I have run out of time and wit - today is Friday.

Derek mentioned something recently about me being good in a previous life because of my LN planes. SWMBO has bought 3 of them for me! That is a woodworkers definition of true Love.

- Wood Borer:)

Simple
11th Jul 2003, 03:15 PM
Yay - I just worked out what BTW stands for.

Maybe there should be an information thread that shows the meanings of the most commonly used abbreviations.

It might be useful to newcomers like myself. Or maybe I just need to think outside the square???

DPB
11th Jul 2003, 04:03 PM
Wood Borer, when my SWAMBO buys me somthing special, I start wondering what she has just bought for herself at 4 times the price :(

Oh, well, can't complain after 40 years..:D

Wood Borer
11th Jul 2003, 04:20 PM
DPB,

I don't complain, I earn it and she spends it.

I have no idea of our bank account number or how much we have in the bank. I have only been to the bank 3 or 4 times in the last 26 years.

SWIAO told me a few years ago that I had paid the house off so I am happy and she is happy.

- Wood Borer

colh
11th Jul 2003, 04:25 PM
and yet we all know women who insist its a man's world ....

gold leader
11th Jul 2003, 04:59 PM
I prefer Minister for War and Finance

Baz
11th Jul 2003, 09:43 PM
Simple, try this site out it might help http://acronymfinder.com
Cheers
Barry:p

Simple
14th Jul 2003, 03:39 PM
Thanks Baz

I found myself mindlessly typing in letters to see what meanings came up. Too much time on my hands.

Who would of thought XXX had so many meanings.

Stuart
23rd Jul 2003, 10:56 AM
Cool site- even found the TLA I was going to use :)

Sir Stinkalot
23rd Jul 2003, 11:48 AM
Which the ..... Texas Library Association?
:confused:

Stuart
23rd Jul 2003, 01:35 PM
Three Letter Acronym

(It's an acronym for an acronym :) )