PDA

View Full Version : Time Zone Glitch

ubeaut
4th Mar 2003, 10:29 AM
The Time Zone problem that some are having is a glitch with the Bulletin Board. The default time zone is GMT which should run with your local server time.

I have changed the setup at the bottom of the page to show as All times are Australian Eastern Summer Time instead of All times are GMT. In theory the time should read correctly - even in the Triton Forums.

For people in other time zones you should in theory get the right time without having to adjust the settings. I think. You will however be stuck with the Eastern Summertime tag, at least until daylight saving ends.

Hope this has cleared up this issue. Although I'm still confused:confused:

Cheers - Neil :)

DPB
4th Mar 2003, 12:37 PM
:confused: If you think you're confused, my server is located in Chicago, some 16 hours behind east coast Australia. So that probably explains the "back to the future" nature of my posts. They are written before I get there:confused: which means you can read them before I write them, which probably means you can respond before I ask the question. Might as well go back to bed!:D

Robert WA
4th Mar 2003, 12:58 PM
Sorry to rain on your parade but, I logged on at 9.30 am WA time today, 4th March, to be told by the forum clock that your time is 8.30 pm tonight.
I have a deal for you involving a significant investment in the lotteries over the next few weeks. If you can check the results on your TV and then phone them to me 11 hours in advance of the draw, we could be in business.

DPB
4th Mar 2003, 01:03 PM
Actually, Robert, this should not be so confusing to me. For a long time now I have been spending my money before I earn it. :cool:

ubeaut
4th Mar 2003, 03:01 PM
Go to Edit Options via the user cp button and scroll down till you come to the Time Offset and make sure that the time zone in the dropdown box is set to GMT Western Europe Time, London, etc. etc.

This should fix the problem.

Cheers - Neil:)

PS Once you have set it, leave it alone and never touch it again.:mad:

Robert WA
4th Mar 2003, 08:37 PM
"Once you have set it, leave it alone and never touch it again."

Waddaumean never touch it again. What is the point of having buttons if you can't press them.:mad:

Robert WA
4th Mar 2003, 08:43 PM
DPB, all you need to take control of your spending is a budget. I have a budget that allows me to spend a specified amount every week. It works well.
Today I spent my allowance for the 3rd week in July 2007.

mikmaz1
4th Mar 2003, 09:40 PM
I'll go check and see if i can change it

MacBeth
12th Mar 2003, 04:46 PM
Neil -

I note that the new posts for today are all dated 13th.

Canberra is under water restrictions and my sprinklers are set to water on even days. If I water tonight am I illegal?

Will you stand up for me in court?
:D

(I still can't change my 'username')

Neil
12th Mar 2003, 08:03 PM
Johnno - have you got the time zone under Edit Options set at GMT or is it set to GMT +10 or something else. If so set it back to GMT and never touch it again.

Cheers - Neil:)

Johnno
13th Mar 2003, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your most sagacious advice oh Wise One!

The time is now correct - and what's more I've got my original username back (after yet another battle) - but it's alright now so I just have another sip of medicine...

Johnno