PDA

View Full Version : Junk sculpture

Andy Mac
9th Apr 2006, 05:03 PM
Hi there,
Here's that garden sculpture I was working on, on Friday. Made from various bits of junk, including a foot pump, an HQ bonnet hinge and our old Mitsubishi L300 4WD ball joint. It was made as a present for a friend who doesn't really get into my usual junky style, so as compromise I spray painted it.

Cheers,

Wood Butcher
9th Apr 2006, 06:24 PM
Andy, thats awesome.
One very lucky friend indeed, I would love stuff like that in my garden painted or not!

Greenie on its way!!

ss_11000
9th Apr 2006, 06:32 PM
that is excellent work there andy. as rowan sed: lucky friend

ps...i also think that deserves a greenie

Bodgy
9th Apr 2006, 06:37 PM
Well done Andy, wish I was not such a Philistine and could do that stuff.

Looks better painted IMO.

RufflyRustic
10th Apr 2006, 09:54 AM
Road Runner eat your heart out! I like Andy's sculpture better :D

Just magnificent Andy!

cheers
Wendy

The Big O
10th Apr 2006, 11:04 AM
Hi Andymac, that's pretty clever. Here's another challenge for you. I spotted this sprinkler in a garden in Pambula.
regards, Lionel.

Grahame Collins
10th Apr 2006, 09:37 PM
I love em both.
Have a greenie boys !

Grahame

JDarvall
11th Apr 2006, 12:19 AM
Looks good Andy. Sounds like you had some fun making it. :)

not sure about the pink background though....pinks a girls colour :D

Hows it fixed to that cement ?.....screw and a bit of spegetti ?

Andy Mac
11th Apr 2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the comments, I quite enjoy nobbling stuff together seeing what will fit where!
Big o, That's a great thing, be quite a laugh seeing it in action...shame we can't use hoses anymore!
'Tripper, the pink is actually more of a red, but has faded a bit, and the camera has made it worse! Looks quite good along with the yellow render and black trim I reckon, wouldn't have bought the place if I didn't think so!:) As for mounting, the bottom leg is a pushbike stand, upside down, so I utilised the original clamping bolt straight up thru the concrete paver. Works a treat!

Cheers,

dan_tom
11th Apr 2006, 05:27 PM
You definately inspire Andy! This is awesome. We have a similar junk sculpture called "water fowl" picked up from a guy in Bega on our travels one day. It has a sprinkler attachment mounted on it's head, which has cobwebs growing on it now...

Can't give you a greenie, as I have to spread reputations around before giving it to you again!

Cheers
Dan

Auld Bassoon
11th Apr 2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Andy,

The Guggenheim or the Met would probably beg to buy that piece for, oh, about US$500k. Seems a shame to disappoint them, eh?

Very creative, have a greenie :) Or an IOU for the normal reason, darn it!

zenwood
11th Apr 2006, 11:24 PM
Just saw this with my son who said, "That's sick!". I think it's fantastic too. Have a greenie.