PDA

View Full Version : die supplier in Sydney

mkat
16th Feb 2006, 08:03 PM
I'm after a 10-32 NF die to fit a 1" Sutton die holder. Anyone know where I can get one near the Canterbury area?

bsrlee
17th Feb 2006, 01:31 AM
Try Coventry Fasteners (numerous outlets in Yellow Pages), Blackwoods, Hare & Forbes etc etc. Die buttons are standard size, so if you tell them what you want it to go in - i.e. a 1" die holder - they all should be able to supply one. Even Bunnings are a possibility - try the 'Trade' counter - usually out the back of the store.

silentC
17th Feb 2006, 08:24 AM
These guys are at Yagoona: http://www.mcjing.com.au/

mkat
17th Feb 2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for that. McJing don't have them listed, they have the standard 3/16" course (24 TPI) same as Bunnings. I'll give the yellow pages a go.

Fossil
17th Feb 2006, 10:50 AM
Nepean boltmaster at Penrith or Smithfield should have what you are after. If they post today, you'll have it Monday.

http://www.nepbolt.com.au/

mkat
19th Feb 2006, 02:54 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the list of suppliers you provided, but none had the die button size I wanted. I've since found what I was looking for at Mick Moyle's.

graemet
20th Feb 2006, 10:36 PM
Too late for you, Mick, but I recently found :
Graham McDonald Services , 1/127 Magowar Road Girraween.
They boast "The largest range of taps & dies in Australia" and I haven't been able to trip them up yet, BA, NP, UNF, UNC, BSW, ME, left & right hand etc. etc. etc. Plus reamers , drills, end mills, slot drills, files. A really nice bunch of people, very helpful and not too busy to talk to a bloke who only wants a single tap!
Cheers
Graeme

mkat
21st Feb 2006, 02:09 AM
Too late for you, Mick, but I recently found :
Graham McDonald Services , 1/127 Magowar Road Girraween.
They boast "The largest range of taps & dies in Australia" and I haven't been able to trip them up yet, BA, NP, UNF, UNC, BSW, ME, left & right hand etc. etc. etc. Plus reamers , drills, end mills, slot drills, files. A really nice bunch of people, very helpful and not too busy to talk to a bloke who only wants a single tap!
Cheers
Graeme
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for passing it on. However, it's not too late, I need a tap and also another die so I'll check them out.