PDA

View Full Version : WTB metric Micrometers

sailingamerican
26th Oct 2005, 02:37 PM
I am in California but spend part of my time in Coffs Harbour. I hav a condo there. I also have little machine shop in the grage. All small machines but I have fun. Does anyone have a good set of metric micrometers. I am looking for a set that goes from 0-150mm with standards. Starrett, Brown & Sharp etc.
Thank you.
Contact me at [email protected]

Zed
26th Oct 2005, 02:44 PM
Hi there,

were you the bloke who was slagging the mexican itinerant workers on this BBS ? If you are you know what to do with your micrometers after all everything is bigger and better in America right? if your not then my apologies... :D

Gumby
26th Oct 2005, 02:51 PM
I am in California but spend part of my time in Coffs Harbour. I hav a condo there.

I think that's disgusting. You should pick them up after you've used them and put it in a bin like eveybody else does. :eek:

silentC
26th Oct 2005, 02:58 PM
A condominium is a form of housing tenure. It is the legal term used in the USA and in most provinces of Canada for a type of joint ownership of real property in which portions of the property are commonly owned and other portions are individually owned. In Australia and the Canadian province of British Columbia, the legal term for this is known as strata title.

Well there you go. I always thought it was what they made frangers out of.

Sturdee
26th Oct 2005, 05:26 PM
Hi there,

were you the bloke who was slagging the mexican itinerant workers on this BBS ?

Zed,

You are right, it is the one.

But he can't be all bad as he no longer tells us that he is married to an Aussie. Or maybe she left him. :D

Peter.

soundman
30th Oct 2005, 10:43 PM
Yeh, we have :D a problem with mexican itenerant workers up here too, The diference is they drive flash 4wd's that don't get dirty and take all the middle management jobs. :D

rick_rine
30th Oct 2005, 10:50 PM
I think that's disgusting. You should pick them up after you've used them and put it in a bin like eveybody else does. :eek:

You're a very silly piece of plasticine Gumfy :)

sailingamerican
1st Nov 2005, 02:53 PM
Ok, the wife has not left. Not to say I don't wish sometimes. LOL The mexicans are costing us billions is health care but they do the crap Americans are to lazy to do. I bought a set of Starrett 0-150 mm micrometers with standards. Paid $250 pluss $17 shipping. New the set cost $1050 US. They are mint. You are always good for a laugh. I did go to Bunnings in Coffs. Damn. The price are insane. Everything is 2-3 times what we pay even with the exchange rate. A 18" chanellock pliers that I would pay $25AU here cost $74 AU there. I am going to put a new kitchen in the condo in Coffs. I was frustrated. I could not find half the things I wanted at B's. I went to the swap meets while I was there. I did find some old wood planes. Everything metal was a rust bucket. Reminds me of my farm in Indiana. Every thing that does not get oiled rust. I will see if I can post a picture of the wife this week. She is cute and is a prpfessor at one of the medical Universites here. Good thing. I have been in the hosbital 6 times in the last 5 years. The insurace is great. Not one bill.