PDA

View Full Version : Major Machine Gloat

rodm
12th Oct 2005, 01:41 AM
A couple of weeks ago I got a 1950's Adept hand shaper and for those that haven't seen one it is the first photo. I have been after one of these for a long time and while I did pay a premium for it I am very pleased to have it to play with. :)

Icing on the cake and quite out of the blue my son rang me tonight to ask if I wanted another mill. He was cleaning out a factory and it was about to go in the scap bin. Delivered within the hour with three strong blokes to help move it. Couldn't even give away a drink as they wanted to get home so a major win for nothing. :) :)
It is a Tough (see photo two) and came with about fifty cutters (photo three) all in good nick and all the accessories. Has pnuematic ram vice and coolant.

Dilema is SWMBO is still at work, no room in shed and can't decide if I should put it in the Family Room, Activity Room or Lounge Room. Truth is it will probably end up in the dog house with me. :D

Bodgy
12th Oct 2005, 10:22 AM
Lucky bastud. Nothing like that ever happens to me, never won a chook in a pub raffle, even.

Use it as an excuse to get/extend a new shed. Tell the old lady its vital for something she wants and how it saved $K's.

rodm
12th Oct 2005, 11:31 AM
First time the planets have alligned for me except when I won a second hand footy in a raffle when I was ten. I had a big grin then as well.
Unfortunately with a 470 sq m block my 8.5m by 4.5m is all that will fit. :(
When I picked up SWMBO from work I teased her that I had put it it in the house and got quite a bit of entertainment for a few minutes. :D