PDA

View Full Version : Uhh, strange things are afoot in these parts...

Schtoo
11th Oct 2005, 04:02 AM
In this thread/post/whatever (http://woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=210157#post210157) there are some strange goings on. I edited the typos three times, and they still keep coming out wrong.

I hope it's something small and insignificant, but I have suspicions that something untoward is occuring.

Scroping sopts.

Lets see if it's out of kilter here too...

Yep, it is. :D

silentC
11th Oct 2005, 09:24 AM
Scraping spots

bitingmidge
11th Oct 2005, 09:35 AM
Scarfing Shots

P

Grunt
11th Oct 2005, 10:45 AM
Carpings Posts

Barry_White
11th Oct 2005, 10:46 AM
If you type like me and have to look for the symbol/letter on the key before I push it maybe somebody swapped the A and the O keys on your keyboard.

E. maculata
11th Oct 2005, 11:38 AM
Knew a bloke who once had a nasty case of Scroping sopts, course of pencillin fixed it up tho. ;)

Andy Mac
11th Oct 2005, 11:50 AM
copsing sports
copsing strops
corp signposts
crops signpost
cross stopping
cross toppings
scoping strops

Wood Butcher
11th Oct 2005, 07:21 PM
Slow afternoon Andy????????

Grunt
11th Oct 2005, 09:37 PM
Slow afternoon Andy????????

No, I think he found one of the many anagram generators out there in internet land. Google and all will be revealed.

AlexS
12th Oct 2005, 02:26 PM
Scopas chops?

Schtoo
16th Oct 2005, 01:56 AM
I guess I seem to be kinda stoopid, but I have just found that the problem lies with a combination of here and Firefox. It doesn't do the scroping/scroping trick anywhere else, and exploder doesn't do it here.

Looks like I need to run some anti-hack/virus/update kinda stuff...:rolleyes:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th Oct 2005, 06:30 PM
You're not running any auto-completion or spiel chequer extensions in firefox??

Schtoo
17th Oct 2005, 01:20 AM
Nope, but now that you mention that it might be something to do with the other language/character parts installed on this puter.

When you type in Japanese, you use regular abc, which gets converted to the local alphabet, which may, or may not auto-convert to the Chinese characters they use here.

I doubt this is the case, but stranger things have happened... ;)

zenwood
17th Oct 2005, 08:39 AM
I recently got the exact same behaviour, substituting scroper for scraper. Next day it was fine. Don't understand it.

Schtoo
17th Oct 2005, 10:09 PM
It's still doing it now. Everything is up to scratch now, so it's something wacky/goofy/scropy that I don't have the inclination to do anymore about.

;)

junkboy999
18th Oct 2005, 06:17 AM
test rape :) . just checking bad work filter..

I use to run a BBS before the Inter Net took off, and one of my program had setting for bad words. I know I had a problem with words that had " R A P E " in the middle of them. This might be the cause of your problems.. As for me I cant spell so I dont worry about it :) he heheheh

ubeaut
25th Oct 2005, 12:25 PM
This one was probably my fault. Was playing round with replacement words for swearing so we didn't have to see the ****'s displayed but it didn't work. Forgot to take the replacement words off after mucking around.

Have delated them now and it might fix the problem........ but not necessarily

Cheers - Neil :)

gazaly
26th Oct 2005, 10:21 PM
This one was probably my fault. Was playing round with replacement words for swearing so we didn't have to see the ****'s displayed but it didn't work. Forgot to take the replacement words off after mucking around.

Have delated them now and it might fix the problem........ but not necessarily

Cheers - Neil :)
Ahhhh, to have god mode!!!!

Schtoo
6th Nov 2005, 12:01 PM
Well, I just noticed that if someone else typed in scraping, then it comes up fine. If I typed it, still says scrope.

Close enough. Just thought it was strange is all. :D

I don't even know what a scrope is...