PDA

View Full Version : Where did we come from?

Wood Butcher
28th Aug 2005, 10:45 PM
Having been a member for almost a year now (and still loving it), I hace found myself wondering, what is the origins of these forums. Can anyone help? I am sure that a lot of people would love to know about this.

Rowan

Grunt
28th Aug 2005, 11:06 PM
In the begining, Neil created the Forum. He toiled for 6 days and saw his work and he saw that it was good. On the seventh day he created Robbo. He was disappointed with the result and decided not to create anymore.

It's gone down hill ever since.

Wood Butcher
28th Aug 2005, 11:22 PM
Why is it when you try to be serious:rolleyes::p

DavidG
28th Aug 2005, 11:31 PM
The board began in May 1999 thanks to our leader Neil.

See http://www.ubeaut.com.au/ for his web site

rodm
29th Aug 2005, 12:29 AM
When modems became available Bulletin Boards began to appear. Amateur radio users saw it as an extension of their technology and did a lot to develop the format. It was a way of sharing knowledge about this new technology and of their other interests.
The internet was not available and you had to dial their modem to use the Bulletin Board.
It was text based and modem speed was really slow but eventually it developed into chat sessions and with the introduction of the graphic user interface and the internet it became what we have today.
True or False. :D

Wood Butcher
29th Aug 2005, 10:47 AM
I think that I should clarify my question. Why did this forum start. I have read a post from ubeaut about members coming across from the old forum. I think I was more wondering why and when did this start??

silentC
29th Aug 2005, 11:56 AM
I always assumed it was set up initially as a support forum for UBeaut polishing products and it grew from there. Or maybe it stemmed out of the finishing classes as an online resource. Probably only a couple of people around who remain from those days, maybe one of them will enlighten us.