PDA

View Full Version : My easy solution to No More Clogged Spray Paint Rattle Cans

Jim Ferrous
29th Mar 2021, 03:43 PM
My easy solution to No More Clogged Spray Paint Rattle Cans

https://youtu.be/RcD9NpbqZOs

BobL
29th Mar 2021, 04:02 PM
I have a trigger/spray bottle on hand with turps in it for all kinds of tasks and what I do is turn the nozzle to "jet" and hold the spray can nozzle inlet hard up against the spray bottle and pump until a clear jet of turps comes out. Usually just one or two squirts are needed.

russ57
29th Mar 2021, 08:18 PM
If i get a blocked can, more than just the nozzle, sometimes remove the nozzle and inverting the can into solvent (ive used thinners) will clear it. Press the tube into the bottom of the container.
(ps, don't use the can lid - they are vented...)

BobL
29th Mar 2021, 08:24 PM
Another way to clean up just used nozzles is to just blow them clear with compressed air.

azzrock
13th May 2021, 09:49 PM
Where I but paint they sell spare nozzles. Some cans even com ed with extra.

Jim Ferrous
14th May 2021, 10:32 AM
Where I but paint they sell spare nozzles. Some cans even com ed with extra.

I've never bought a can with a spare nozzle and I've bought hundreds of them and different brands. Its a good idea though and more should.

BobL
14th May 2021, 01:49 PM
I've never bought a can with a spare nozzle and I've bought hundreds of them and different brands. Its a good idea though and more should.

I buy maybe 5-6 cans a year and have only come across one that did that.
When I finish with a can I sometimes clear he nozzle and keep a it along with a few others in a small plastic ziploc bag r

Jim Ferrous
14th May 2021, 02:03 PM
I buy maybe 5-6 cans a year and have only come across one that did that.
When I finish with a can I sometimes clear he nozzle and keep a it along with a few others in a small plastic ziploc bag r

I keep them all as well Bob. amazing how much the manufactures keep changing the style.

azzrock
23rd May 2021, 11:44 AM

Where do you by your paint from? What brand and how much is it? Iron lac. Is a brand that at least did do it. There was two nozzles in the lid one on the can. Iron Lak is also Cheaper more pigment and lots of better colours to.
Last couple of weeks I've used dye mark spray paint at work. The nozzles kept blocking up the paint seems thin and not heavily pigmented. Yellow is terrible. Brands like flame , day colours. Loop.are heaps better half the price. For a little more Belton is the best.

Jim Ferrous
23rd May 2021, 02:16 PM
Where do you by your paint from? What brand and how much is it? Iron lac. Is a brand that at least did do it. There was two nozzles in the lid one on the can. Iron Lak is also Cheaper more pigment and lots of better colours to.
Last couple of weeks I've used dye mark spray paint at work. The nozzles kept blocking up the paint seems thin and not heavily pigmented. Yellow is terrible. Brands like flame , day colours. Loop.are heaps better half the price. For a little more Belton is the best.

Hi,

Usually Supercheap for Hi Temp paints for engines (various brands) and Bunnings (various brands).

Harry72
27th May 2021, 08:52 PM
I just blow them out with air then chuck them in one of those sealed lid coffee jars with some turps works a treat :2tsup: