PDA

View Full Version : Lathe gearbox

Hards2u
22nd Jan 2021, 07:53 AM
Anyone able to pickup a qualos gearbox fron Adelaide and take to Brisbane/sunshine coast, around the size of a milk crate and 30 kg?. Happy to pay. no hurry at all. Thanks brett.

KBs PensNmore
20th Feb 2021, 09:03 PM
Could possibly be driving to Tamworth in the next month or so, if that helps?
Kryn

Hards2u
21st Feb 2021, 12:13 PM
Could possibly be driving to Tamworth in the next month or so, if that helps?
Kryn
Thanks for the info, I don't have a contact in the Tamworth area but you never know what may happen. Thanks ill let you know if something works out. Brett.

OxxAndBert
21st Feb 2021, 03:51 PM
Have you tried doing an online quote with e-go couriers to see what they would charge to get it from Adelaide to Brisbane?
I just sent 70kg on a small skid from Melbourne to Adelaide depot to depot with E-go and it was only $50.
Then it’s just a case of finding someone to print out a connote and drop it off.

Steve

lamestllama
21st Feb 2021, 04:57 PM
Have you tried doing an online quote with e-go couriers to see what they would charge to get it from Adelaide to Brisbane?
I just sent 70kg on a small skid from Melbourne to Adelaide depot to depot with E-go and it was only $50.
Then it’s just a case of finding someone to print out a connote and drop it off.

Steve

If he does that I am willing to pick it up and take it to a depot. They are nearly all around my area.

Eric

KBs PensNmore
21st Feb 2021, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info, I don't have a contact in the Tamworth area but you never know what may happen. Thanks ill let you know if something works out. Brett.

I believe we have a few members in the Tamworth area, they may be prepared to store it till someone's able to continue its journey to you.
Kryn

Hards2u
22nd Feb 2021, 07:39 AM

Steve
Hi, I did get an e go quote and they want almost 300 to Brisbane as a 30 kg item . The gearbox isn't worth that and it would just make the purchase way to expensive. We were to go to sa beginning of this year but we all know how hard that is to do.
Thanks brett.

chambezio
22nd Feb 2021, 09:06 AM
If you need some one to help you, I live near Tamworth and would be happy to do what ever. Send me a PM and I could give you my details.
Kryn... do drop in if you are coming. It would be good to catch up

OxxAndBert
22nd Feb 2021, 05:35 PM
Hi, I did get an e go quote and they want almost 300 to Brisbane as a 30 kg item . The gearbox isn't worth that and it would just make the purchase way to expensive. We were to go to sa beginning of this year but we all know how hard that is to do.
Thanks brett.

That was much more than I expected, so I just did one myself.
Depot to depot, Green Fields SA to Pinkenba QLD $22.51
I just guessed at a size 30x30x30cm
Not sure how you got $300...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210222/db51a974746328a3a98fd3e7ba1b77b1.jpg

Steve

KBs PensNmore
22nd Feb 2021, 07:18 PM
If you need some one to help you, I live near Tamworth and would be happy to do what ever. Send me a PM and I could give you my details.
Kryn... do drop in if you are coming. It would be good to catch up

Hi Rod, will do IF I get a chance, good possibility Boss will be coming as he was looking at picking up a truck in Tamworth, so we'll see how we go?
Kryn

Hards2u
22nd Feb 2021, 07:22 PM
That was much more than I expected, so I just did one myself.
Depot to depot, Green Fields SA to Pinkenba QLD $22.51
I just guessed at a size 30x30x30cm
Not sure how you got $300...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210222/db51a974746328a3a98fd3e7ba1b77b1.jpg

Steve
Now Im really confused ,the only reason I asked was due to transport costs. I have just done it again and its $32.15 to Brisbane airport where the Hunter depot is. I made it 40x30x30 and 30kg crate. Maybe I made it 400x 300x300 the last time and didn't realise. Thanks im going to have another shot at it and see if I can make this work. I appreciate your research its made a lot of difference to the out come.
Cheers, ill let you know how I go.
Brett.

OxxAndBert
22nd Feb 2021, 07:48 PM
I reckon you’re probably onto it with the 400x300 idea - the cm units on their website are a gotcha.
Have done similar myself - within the past couple of weeks :)
It was really obvious when I did it though as the numbers were more like 1200x400 and the quote was well over $1000 !!

Steve

Hards2u
26th Feb 2021, 10:56 AM
I reckon you’re probably onto it with the 400x300 idea - the cm units on their website are a gotcha.
Have done similar myself - within the past couple of weeks :)
It was really obvious when I did it though as the numbers were more like 1200x400 and the quote was well over $1000 !!

Steve
Just to update the sale fell through, buyer changed his mind on the price.
Thanks brett.