PDA

View Full Version : Belt Sander Upgrade Kit

jack620
23rd Oct 2020, 08:07 PM
I'm not a knife-maker, but this may be of interest to those who are considering getting into it.
I fitted one of these to my pedestal grinder. I'm very happy with it. It needed a bit of fine tuning to get the belt to track properly.
No affiliation with the company.

https://www.84engineering.com.au/product/multitool-upgrade-kit/

Grahame Collins
23rd Oct 2020, 08:47 PM
Very nice indeed.
Uee makes some nice stuff. Did you have to wait long for it or did he have them in stock?

Grahame

jack620
23rd Oct 2020, 09:32 PM
Did you have to wait long for it or did he have them in stock?

It was dispatched 12 days after I ordered it. I had to make a few phone calls to chase it up. I suspect mine was made to order.

Dave J
23rd Oct 2020, 10:35 PM
Uee makes these?

China
24th Oct 2020, 12:30 AM
Well that is very timely, am at the rough sketch stage of the equivalent item might save me some time and bother

Grahame Collins
24th Oct 2020, 09:30 AM
Uee makes these?

Ueee (sorry I mistyped his name earlier ) does indeed make this MultiTool upgrade and other knife making related gear under the name of 84 Engineering.

He is a long term member but I suspect he has not got a lot of spare time lately - flat out manufacturing - as he hasn't posted since last year.

His products are sold through Artisan Supplies,who were Gameco at one time.

Grahame

China
2nd Nov 2020, 03:13 AM
Speaking of MuliTool who makes and supplies spare parts these days, this seems to change with wind direction

Grahame Collins
2nd Nov 2020, 07:11 AM
Speaking of MuliTool who makes and supplies spare parts these days, this seems to change with wind direction

Hi China,
Last time I looked it was these guys.

https://www.whiteint.com.au/brands/equipment/pa-multitool

Grahame

China
2nd Nov 2020, 12:41 PM
Thanks Grahame

China
10th Nov 2020, 02:55 PM
Re Multitools 20 years ago when I purchased my first one. there was a version that mounted to an electric motor ( not a Grinder ) does any one have details of this arrangement, I can fabricate something I just thought it would be
simpler to recreate the original.
I have done research regarding the item still being available and it is not.

GT Edgeworks
12th Nov 2020, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, another direction to look at is a firepants fab scorpion grinder.

they take a 2x72 belt and they are made locally in adelaide, weber abrasives also carries a wide range of 2x72 belts on the shelf.

if anyone in adelaide wants to look at one in person or try one they are welcome to visit my workshop as i have one.

China
12th Nov 2020, 08:49 PM
Looks like a good unit ( website is stuffed ) although I do not intend to spend that much

GT Edgeworks
12th Nov 2020, 09:06 PM
He does have an option to just buy the frame and wheels and you sort your own motor out. That can be more cost effective.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

China
12th Nov 2020, 10:05 PM
I have all i need in my shed it is just a matter of building it