PDA

View Full Version : Coolant pump for the Lathe

Auskart
26th Dec 2013, 07:48 AM
I had an old evaporative cooler I took the water pump out of and it and it makes a great coolant pump for the Lathe, it is also submersible. :2tsup:

Grahame Collins
26th Dec 2013, 07:37 PM
For those who don't have a coolant system on their lathe.

A small computer printer cartridge ink refill bottle with the blunt injector needle. It will hold a small amount of oil,cutting fluid and easily delivers a small dose to the precise spot needed.

Grahame

azzrock
27th Dec 2013, 12:45 AM
I had an old evaporative cooler I took the water pump out of and it and it makes a great coolant pump for the Lathe, it is also submersible. :2tsup:

nice one. recycling is great. could you post a photo please

Gavin Newman
28th Dec 2013, 08:29 AM

You can also use an el-cheapo parts washer which gives you the supply reservoir and the pump. Add one strainer liberated from the kitchen as a swarf catcher for the drain from the machine and you have it.

Auskart
23rd May 2014, 02:54 PM
Quick tip for you Lathe or Mill coolant system, put a couple of old magnets out of old speakers etc below the return line in the coolant tank and it will catch iron filings and iron swarf, no good for Ali or other non ferous metals though.:roll:

Grahame Collins
25th May 2014, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Auskart;1776644 no good for Ali or other non ferous metals though.:roll:[/QUOTE]

If you have the room ,you can use a 40mm sink S bend and fit a mesh in the up leg of the bend.A push fit makes it removable.
Grahame