PDA

View Full Version : multi bore slitting saw arbor problem

tanii51
12th Dec 2013, 09:08 PM
i have a multi bore slitting saw arbor how do you stop the screw that holds it together from tightening so tight its almost impossible to undo

pipeclay
12th Dec 2013, 09:24 PM
I have never used that type of holder, so my thought is to put some type of insulation between the screw head and washer.

May be a piece of paper or thin nylon/plastic may provide a barrier to stop it binding.

azzrock
13th Dec 2013, 12:56 AM
i have a multi bore slitting saw arbor how do you stop the screw that holds it together from tightening so tight its almost impossible to undo

well have you tried not doing it up to tight to start with. maybe by hand like with a angle grinder cutting disk
aaron

matthew_g
13th Dec 2013, 01:03 AM
I replaced the screw on mine with an allen head bolt. Much easier to undo t5han the pissy phillips head mine came with

tanii51
13th Dec 2013, 08:06 AM
thanks peter ill give that a go and then maybe try a deeper socket head , this is the second one of these ive had they both do the same thing .i think the saw slips with rotation and tightens the screw even more, the countersunk screw socket is verY SHALLOW

ps great idea PETER maybe we can have an ozzie version of hints and tips books in the future
merry xmas all
john

DSEL74
13th Dec 2013, 08:47 AM

Have you tried the copper thread paste?? We use it on the motorbikes to stop threads locking or siezing. It may work for this application as well.

BaronJ
13th Dec 2013, 09:11 AM
thanks peter ill give that a go and then maybe try a deeper socket head , this is the second one of these ive had they both do the same thing .i think the saw slips with rotation and tightens the screw even more, the countersunk screw socket is verY SHALLOW

ps great idea PETER maybe we can have an ozzie version of hints and tips books in the future
merry xmas all
john

I have one of those ! Mine was very rough on the edges where it grips the blade. I removed the burrs with emery cloth and made sure that the face was flat. It still gets tight but not as much as it did originally.

I also agree with John.