PDA

View Full Version : My car got stolen, have you seen it?

elanjacobs
9th May 2020, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

My car got stolen today (May 9th) from Inkerman Rd, Caulfield North, VIC. It's a black 1990 Honda CRX SiR; pretty rare car, I've seen 4 others in Melbourne in the last 10 years.

If anyone sees it, please call Caulfield Police Station on 9524 9500, the report number is 22965013

Thanks

J.C.
9th May 2020, 11:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. You sure don't see many of those around any more...

KBs PensNmore
9th May 2020, 11:18 PM
Thats a BUMMER, really nice looking car too. Hopefully you'll get it back with no damage.
Kryn

Grahame Collins
9th May 2020, 11:24 PM
Sorry to hear that.I hope you get it back soon.

Grahame

Simplicity
10th May 2020, 12:12 PM
That’s S....
I will keep an eye out I live an work in eastern suburbs.

Cheers Matt.

eskimo
12th May 2020, 10:25 AM
Scum bags...hope you find it and the mongrels get punished.

Ropetangler
12th May 2020, 01:22 PM
Hi there Apprentice gear maker and machine doctor, very sorry to hear that your car was stolen, just wondering if you have heard any news about it yet. If they are really rare it may pay the Police to check the other owners of that model too, in case one has nicked your car to fix his. Hopefully that model is not one that shares heaps of common parts with other models, making it difficult to get rid of the bits should they break it down for parts.
About 55 to 60 years ago, when I was a young lad living in a little village just outside of Bathurst in NSW, a Sydney Police Officer came up and camped on the Fish River for the week end, about 500 metres from our place. He eventually cast a line in and hooked some car parts, including a glove box lid. It later turned out that that lid had come from a car stolen just a few days earlier in Sydney. Further investigations revealed a ring of car thieves and dodgy bodyworks who used stolen cars to provide donor parts, so Mr Plod ended up with some pretty big fish indeed.
That wasn't a real good story to pass on to you perhaps, I just hope that they grab the villains before your car is lost forever. Good luck,
Rob.

elanjacobs
30th May 2020, 09:17 PM
THEY FOUND IT!!! :D

10 mins from where it was stolen, hotwired but otherwise undamaged

Wimmera Jack
30th May 2020, 11:01 PM
How lucky can you be.
Bet this was a relief.
Now. What about a tracker being installed.

Hooroo.

elanjacobs
30th May 2020, 11:04 PM
Definitely a relief, honestly didn't expect to see it again.

Dropping off my other car tomorrow for a tracker, gonna have them order another unit for this one.

Grahame Collins
30th May 2020, 11:13 PM
Elan,

That is great news.

Grahame

OxxAndBert
30th May 2020, 11:38 PM
Awesome news Elan.
I was sure after this long it was going to be gone for good.

Steve