PDA

View Full Version : Henry 22lr lever action.

argeng
26th Mar 2020, 07:18 PM
Gday Gang,
Has anyone had experience with Henry 22lr Lever action.
Cheers Bruce

China
26th Mar 2020, 10:25 PM
I had one about 15 years ago, sold because it kept having extraction problems, traded it for mint Ruger 9622

familyguy
27th Mar 2020, 10:44 AM
My brother in law has one looks cool not sure how it shoots.

Hornetb
29th Mar 2020, 11:06 AM
They are ok. I think they are still an alloy receiver but they work fine.

What is your interest with the Henry? Looks alone?

Personal favourite it the pre-Remington Marlin 39a. Just an outstanding rifle. All steel, a largish rifle and not that lightweight but brilliantly accurate, triggers are simple and can be tuned better. Hard to beat.

familyguy
29th Mar 2020, 12:12 PM
I guess everyone has their favorite, in the past I've owned a Browning and Marlin lever actions in .22, for me and my kids (all grown now) the favorite plinker is my 1935 manufactured 06 pump Winchester.

I spoke to my brother in law says his Henry shoots ok but is nothing special he just loves the looks, he claims the frame is brass.

Hornetb
30th Mar 2020, 12:00 AM
Found this:

Both the Goldenboy, and H001 receivers are made of a zinc alloy called Zamak. The name ZAMAK draws upon the basic metallurgy of the alloy group: Z-Zinc, A-Aluminum, MA-Magnesium, and K-Kopper (e.g., German).

The brass looking ones are brasslite (like a brass plated alloy), the blued looking ones are enamelled black alloy. Probably works fine. They were quite smooth to operate but the style doesn't do it for me.

Patrick-C
30th Mar 2020, 07:21 AM
I have a Henry Golden Boy .22 and it is realy accurate. Right now it is missing a small spring that goes behind the hammer, so it jamms if if I work the leaver to fast. Need to replace that.:yes: I hope this helps.
Patrick

China
30th Mar 2020, 08:01 PM
argeng, you can't get off that easy now we need to know the story

argeng
31st Mar 2020, 09:07 PM
Well,
I have just really wanted a lever action at not a huge cost.
Cheers BRUCE

China
31st Mar 2020, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I can recommend the Ruger 96/22, problem is there does not seem to be a lot for sale keep an eye on Oz Gun Sales
if you can find Japan built Miroku they are also solid and reliable

familyguy
1st Apr 2020, 10:17 AM
I had a Browning lever action which is I believe made by Miroku in Japan, I just wanted a lever action gun, after owning it for a few years I sold it - came to the conclusion that lever actions were not for me, apart from my 06 Winchester all my guns are bolt action. There was nothing wrong with it, a very nice gun, accurate well finished, all steel, nice woodwork, never had a hangup, if you are into lever actions I can recommend it they come in .22 and .22 magnum. Here is a couple of videos on the Browning/Miroku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSN46uNDNg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwLx1UZ5a3k