PDA

View Full Version : Kondia Powermill FV-1

Lloyd W
29th Jan 2020, 05:01 PM
Hi there,
I had trouble with my old Kondia Powermill FV-1 and it needs a new electric motor. I emailed Kondia and they said there is none available.
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find one of these. I've spent a lot of time searching the web and advertised in Gumtree but no luck.
The motor was made in Spain by Somex and its three phase, 415v and 1500rpm and 1.5kw.
Hoping somebody knows something
Lloyd W

caskwarrior
29th Jan 2020, 05:11 PM
Is it special in some way? Just make an adaptor and use any other flange mount motor?

Pictures sure would help.

Sterob
29th Jan 2020, 05:16 PM
Hi there,
I had trouble with my old Kondia Powermill FV-1 and it needs a new electric motor. I emailed Kondia and they said there is none available.
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find one of these. I've spent a lot of time searching the web and advertised in Gumtree but no luck.
The motor was made in Spain by Somex and its three phase, 415v and 1500rpm and 1.5kw.
Hoping somebody knows something
Lloyd W

I'm not familar with that machine, but if you determine a few more specs of your motor you may have a chance of finding something eqivalent.
Besides what you have given, the main sort of info required is , is it connected in 'Y' or 'Delta' ,'Frame Size ( in mm ) 'foot' or 'Flange' Mount and maybe shaft size and keyway ( if it has one )

If 'Foot Mounted' measure from centre of shaft to base. ie Frame 80 is 80mm. I don't know how Frame Size is measured if 'Flange Mounted' .Google should help there.
Find a local Electrical Supplier and you should be good to go.

Michael G
29th Jan 2020, 08:24 PM
You could take it to a motor rewinder, get them to fix it...

Michael

elanjacobs
29th Jan 2020, 10:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Kondia, King Rich, Herless and Hafco (and possibly others) all slap their badge on what looks to be more-or-less the same Bridgeport clone; might be worth looking to those other brands for spares as well.

caskwarrior
29th Jan 2020, 11:48 PM
Mondial are made in Spain and fully metricified, I don't think they maintain much parts compatibility unfortunately

sossity
2nd Feb 2020, 01:40 PM
Kondia went burst a few years but Clausing in USA bought the rights to the machine so you an still buy a Clausing Kondia mill. I asked Clausing how much for a back gear and it was US$450 FOB, so pretty expensive now. I had read Kondia were pretty cheap, but maybe thats why they went bust. I also read the kondia is a bit heavier duty than a BP. I can confirm that bits are not interchangeable for the most part. A BP service manual didn't help too much because it is all slightly different and if something didn't want to come off, there was a good chance it wasn't free yet and you just hadn't found the extra bit.

They had several size motors for the FV1, mine is 3Hp. Mine is a manual, but they did a variable speed head too.

The motor was wired in star but I had to bring out the center point so i could use it on a 240v vfd. Or whatever, i can't remember now, but its not prewired so you can't change it easily

I'd imagine you could make an adapter plate quite easily if its a manual head. here's some old photos I took when i got mine.

I just had a look for the FV1 on the clausing website and couldn't see it now, where I used to be able to find it. It was 2 o3 years ago i got mine and was checking things. Maybe they have stopped making the FV1.