PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kentucky in the USA

A Guy In Town
3rd Jan 2020, 06:46 PM
I am 61, retired, and finding that I need to be doing something to keep from becoming completely bored with life. I have two workshops on my property, both stuffed with machines and tools. I am interested in metal art, yard art, LARGE pieces and especially kinetic art and metal sculptures that either move with the wind, or mechanically through gears, levers, and such.

I have two CNC tables, one for plasma and the other for a router. I am NEW at metal forming, because most of what I have done thus far is with flat pieces. Now I want to add some dimension to my art pieces, and who knows ... I might even get someone to buy one of them!

When I was a teenager, I knew everything, of course! Now at age 61, I realize just how much I DO NOT know, and I am hoping to learn new tricks and skills with the passing of time, and certainly before MY passing. 2020 will be an interesting year for me. Lots of ideas. Not a lot of energy.

Grahame Collins
4th Jan 2020, 07:27 AM
Hi A Guy In Town,

Welcome to our MetalWork Forums,
You will find yourself in good company here with a group of very helpful folks. Our collective experience extends far and wide over many metal work subjects. please take the opportunity to navigate around the site by doing his:

Goto the FORUM box in the top LH corner click and then select Forum Home from the pulldown menu. Click again and it will take you to a scroll down page with our rules on top -Terms of Use and the multiple guides and sub forums.

There are heaps to chose from.

Welcome again

Grahame

old1955
4th Jan 2020, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.

mcostello
5th Jan 2020, 07:30 AM
Greetings from Central Ohio.