PDA

View Full Version : Licensed electrician to install?

lamestllama
24th Aug 2019, 11:48 PM
I have a frequent young visitor who has taken a shine to the power point in my hallway so I bought the items pictured.

But when I look on the back of the packaging it says I need a licensed electrician to install them.

KBs PensNmore
25th Aug 2019, 12:19 AM
I think you'll find that statement is on anything to do with electrical items.:?

russ57
26th Aug 2019, 12:29 AM
Make sure you get a certificate of electrical safety when he finishes the job...

Russ

lamestllama
26th Aug 2019, 12:30 PM
Make sure you get a certificate of electrical safety when he finishes the job...

Russ

And that he lodges it online complete with photos of the installation?

Michael G
26th Aug 2019, 08:38 PM
I had a sparky here recently doing some work. Previously I got a copy of the certificate when work was done. I've been told that it is now electronic and have not been sent anything, which raises the question as to who is the certificate for? Not for the home owner obviously. As you don't know whether a certificate has been submitted or not, is this one of those 'we will wipe out the black economy' schemes, which would only work if they can eliminate cash payment?

Michael

BaronJ
26th Aug 2019, 09:36 PM
Hi Michael, Guys,

Its a bit like the vehicle MOT here, its all done on computer ! But you do get a receipt as proof that you have had the mandatory MOT done.

I would have thought that the same scheme would be in force for any licensed trade.

We now have to provide proofs for work done to your house in order to sell it, or have it inspected at your cost if you haven't.

eskimo
31st Aug 2019, 10:44 AM
I have a licence...and dont charge much

lamestllama
31st Aug 2019, 05:11 PM
I have a licence...and dont charge much
These things would be a real money spinner for you then. Twice a week we uninstall them to use the vacuum cleaner in the hall. I expect reinstall price is the same as install price?

Grahame Collins
31st Aug 2019, 05:12 PM
But when I look on the back of the packaging it says I need a licensed electrician to install them.

I would surmise that the same packet is used across the board for quite a few other electrical items.

Hence the warning applies to those other those items that require connection by said electrician. Just HPM being cheap and covering their corporate bum at the same time.

Grahame