PDA

View Full Version : WTB Vertical Mill in Melbourne

Davo81
12th May 2019, 11:20 AM
As the title suggests.

Size is a factor, I don't really have the lifting equipment to lift much more than a ton.

Also, I don't have huge funds to put towards this, something around $1500 would be good.

cheers.

devarda
13th May 2019, 09:25 AM
I saw your other thread and I might have something suitable for you.

Herless SM1. Weighs about 500kg, maybe a little more or less.

It’s a lot more capable than a mill drill in my opinion.

It’s surplus to my requirements as I had an opportunity to buy a universal mill two years ago and I haven’t used it much since. But would be willing to sell for about $1500.00.

The mill is at my home workshop in Langwarrin. I’ve got a gantry to load onto a trailer etc.

Cheers

Davo81
13th May 2019, 09:42 AM

It’s surplus to my requirements as I had an opportunity to buy a universal mill two years ago and I haven’t used it much since. But would be willing to sell for about $1500.00.

The mill is at my home workshop in Langwarrin. I’ve got a gantry to load onto a trailer etc.

Cheers

Looks good!

is it single phase?

caskwarrior
13th May 2019, 09:43 AM
I'm not far at all from Langwarrin. If you need another set of hands let me know.

devarda
13th May 2019, 01:54 PM
Yes it’s single phase. Belonged to a guy who used to make steam engines and only hobbyist use. It’s very well looked after and is mechanically in good condition. Made in Taiwan.

Table size 180mm x 700mm and 3MT taper. I have a basic drill press vice with it. Worklight.

Few 3MT holders that for a little extra could part with if you wanted.

Few points I’ll mention. The mill will need to be put onto a base as it’s too short to go straight down onto concrete. I’ve got it on a pallet at the moment. Belt driven, and slight vibration at some belt speeds. Long term if I were you I’d the motor off and put a 3ph VFD onto it. Add a DRO and x-power feed as a project one day too:U.

PM me and I’ll give you my number and if you’re genuinely interested and come take a look. I’ve been putting off selling it just due to being time poor but I think it’s time I move some machines on.

Sales brochure from apparently 1978.

caskwarrior
13th May 2019, 08:28 PM
If you want some practical examples of what these can do I think doubleboost on YouTube uses one of these, don't take too many cooking tips though.

Sent from my Nokia 8 Sirocco using Tapatalk

lamestllama
14th May 2019, 08:49 AM

The curtains and a milling machine in the same photo!:U

PDW
14th May 2019, 12:40 PM
Looks good!

is it single phase?

Buy that machine. NOW.

They are one of the good ones to own. About 2/3 the size of a B/port and very capable machines.

Don't even stop to think about it provided the condition is good.

PDW

Davo81
16th May 2019, 12:59 AM
Oh alright, but only because you insisted.

Buy that machine. NOW.

They are one of the good ones to own. About 2/3 the size of a B/port and very capable machines.

Don't even stop to think about it provided the condition is good.

PDW