PDA

View Full Version : Wtb any older delta wirable 3 phase motor 0.75 - 1.5 hp

caskwarrior
7th May 2019, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone, I need a motor for my little astoba, I thought I had some great brown bovieri motors but one is too slow and weak and one too fast.

Ideally I would like a 1440rpm motor but 960 would be okay too.

If anyone had a nice looking lowish power three phase motor that I can configure as delta I would be happy to pay proper money, up to $150 or so?

Let me know

Regards Ralph

Sent from my Nokia 8 Sirocco using Tapatalk

BobL
7th May 2019, 07:54 PM
You can buy a new one with a one year warranty for those sorts of $
Look here
https://cononmotor.com.au/product-category/three-phase-motor-415v/

caskwarrior
7th May 2019, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately StrayAlien broke something in my head an now I want a motor that looks roughly age appropriate, so all the newer Chinese motors are out. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm hoping offering real money might winkle a gem out of someone's stash

KBs PensNmore
8th May 2019, 12:39 AM
Hi Ralph, any chance of a pic of your old motor please?
Just so that we know what style you're looking for.
Kryn

caskwarrior
8th May 2019, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately it was completely missing but any foot mount motor will do really.

KBs PensNmore
8th May 2019, 01:25 AM
I'll have a look in my stash and see what I've got. I know I've one there that has quite a few wires in the Terminal box. Hopefully it won't be too dark in that corner of the shed for a pic of it.
Kryn

BobL
8th May 2019, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately StrayAlien broke something in my head an now I want a motor that looks roughly age appropriate, so all the newer Chinese motors are out. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm hoping offering real money might winkle a gem out of someone's stash

Yeah know what you mean.

I reckon about half that problem is the garish colours they paint them. If they were painted a gun metal grey or eucalyptus green they might be less offensive.

PDW
8th May 2019, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone, I need a motor for my little astoba, I thought I had some great brown bovieri motors but one is too slow and weak and one too fast.

Ideally I would like a 1440rpm motor but 960 would be okay too.

If anyone had a nice looking lowish power three phase motor that I can configure as delta I would be happy to pay proper money, up to $150 or so?

Let me know

Regards Ralph

I think I might have one in the back shed. When I get a chance I'll take a look. Things are pretty flat out ATM.....

If I find one I can toss it in the truck & bring it over with me. Maybe a month from now.

PDW

KBs PensNmore
10th May 2019, 08:38 PM
Hi Ralph, managed to get to the motor today, unfortunately the one I thought would be suitable doesn't have an ID plate telling the RPMs H/P etc. The only thing that I can tell is that it's a Pope motor.

caskwarrior
10th May 2019, 08:40 PM
Thanks a bunch Kryn, unfortunately it looks like it's star only. Although with no plate it's hard to be sure.

BobL
10th May 2019, 09:06 PM
Thanks a bunch Kryn, unfortunately it looks like it's star only. Although with no plate it's hard to be sure.

It looks like it has 3 pairs (called the A, B, C) of red (R) and black (B) wires,
Lets call the individual wires AR, AB , BR, BB and CR ,CB

To get a ∆ , AR would connect to BB, BR to CB and CR to AB.
The 3P input would connect to the same 3 junctions.

Please don't just take my word for this and check with a sparky before making connections.

KBs PensNmore
10th May 2019, 09:10 PM
I do have a couple more somewhere in the shed, one I know is attached to a machine, but I'm looking at setting it up with SP, as this electonic witchcraft stuff has me bluffed???
If and "when" I find them, I'll take some pics for you.
Kryn

Michael G
3rd Jun 2019, 08:03 PM
I have an ASEA 3 phase with 1.5 stamped on a faded plate. Probably 1.5kw...
However, it is a face mount and is 2 pole as far as I can tell.

Michael

KBs PensNmore
4th Jun 2019, 12:00 AM
I also have an ASEA it's 3 phase (can be wired 240 three phase) foot mounted and .55kw from memory.
Kryn

caskwarrior
4th Jun 2019, 12:56 AM
Thanks everyone for looking, Kryn I'll send you a PM now.