PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new member from Adelaide here.

Wedgey
9th Mar 2019, 11:43 AM
Recently retired and have taken up some new hobbies working in metal and wood. Mainly using a SIEG CS8 lathe and looking out for a milling machine (maybe a Bridgeport if the cost is not too high).
Current project is building a 2 * 48in belt sander from scratch, have turned the drive wheel, guide wheels and shafts alreay (wheels are all aluminum and the shafts are stainless steel), currently in the process of cutting and welding the frame and table. Will post a few pics once it is finished, can probably also post my plans if anyone is interested.
Chose the 2*48 format because the belts are pretty easy to get and cheaper than the larger formats.

Cheers,
Wayne

old1955
9th Mar 2019, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Wayne.

Grahame Collins
9th Mar 2019, 02:41 PM
Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the Forum.

I am sure we will all like to see to see pics of your belt grinder when finished.

They are a mighty handy piece of kit to have in the shed.

Grahame

steamingbill
9th Mar 2019, 02:43 PM
Will post a few pics once it is finished, can probably also post my plans if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Wayne

Hello Wayne,

Welcome to the forum, its a great place, I think there are a few people in and around Adelaide ......... and yes ..... posting pictures is compulsory otherwise it didnt happen :wink:

Seeya

Bill

shaper07
9th Mar 2019, 05:49 PM
Recently retired and have taken up some new hobbies working in metal and wood. Mainly using a SIEG CS8 lathe and looking out for a milling machine (maybe a Bridgeport if the cost is not too high).
Current project is building a 2 * 48in belt sander from scratch, have turned the drive wheel, guide wheels and shafts alreay (wheels are all aluminum and the shafts are stainless steel), currently in the process of cutting and welding the frame and table. Will post a few pics once it is finished, can probably also post my plans if anyone is interested.
Chose the 2*48 format because the belts are pretty easy to get and cheaper than the larger formats.

Cheers,
Wayne
wayne
can you post your plans please
cheers steve

KBs PensNmore
9th Mar 2019, 09:35 PM
Hi Wayne, Welcome to a TOP FORUM and YES we love pics of WIP (Work In Progress).
If you're ever near the Bridge let me know to catch up for a meet and greet?
Kryn

Wedgey
12th Mar 2019, 03:09 PM
wayne
can you post your plans please
cheers steve

Hi Steve,
Will post the plans once I finish the build (as I may make some changes as it comes together), should be in the next couple of weeks I hope.

Cheers,
Wayne.

Wedgey
12th Mar 2019, 03:13 PM
Hi Wayne, Welcome to a TOP FORUM and YES we love pics of WIP (Work In Progress).
If you're ever near the Bridge let me know to catch up for a meet and greet?
Kryn

Hi Kryn,
sorry for the slow response, was away for the long weekend (up at Barmera). I do get to Murray Bridge occasionally so will touch base next time I am planning to head up your way.

Cheers,
Wayne.