PDA

View Full Version : R8 Taper tooling required.

colnjulia
28th Feb 2019, 01:52 PM
Have bought a mill with no tooling at all. Does anyone have some they would be prepared to part with.

Col

caskwarrior
28th Feb 2019, 03:26 PM
Hi col I have a Clarkson R8 collet chuck and a Mizoguchi boring head, the boring head cost me serious $$$ though and I need to get enough back for it to buy a 40 taper equivalent.

Send me a pm if interested.

Sent from my Nokia 8 Sirocco using Tapatalk

colnjulia
28th Feb 2019, 04:28 PM
Thanks Ralph, what would you want for the Boring and facing head, bearing in mind Im the one who sold it to you.

Cheers Col

caskwarrior
28th Feb 2019, 04:32 PM
Over in WA? Did you sell an R8 mill and all your tools and then buy another mill and need to re buy them all? Damn.

Problem isn't what it cost me, it's buying the replacement. I've been agonising about hard turning the shank for a month now.

Clarkson chuck is in good condition but some of the collets are home made by me (well though and are heat treated) I think it has 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 12mm normal autolock style one.

snapatap
28th Feb 2019, 06:51 PM
Over in WA? Did you sell an R8 mill and all your tools and then buy another mill and need to re buy them all? Damn.

Problem isn't what it cost me, it's buying the replacement. I've been agonising about hard turning the shank for a month now.

Clarkson chuck is in good condition but some of the collets are home made by me (well though and are heat treated) I think it has 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 12mm normal autolock style one.

Sorry to the OP i'm getting a bit off topic. Is the arbour not removable on your Mizoguchi boring head? The one on mine is and i'm pretty sure it is the same as a narex arbour.