PDA

View Full Version : From Hex Nuts to a Diamond Ring

KBs PensNmore
20th Feb 2019, 09:45 PM
Had this emailed to me and thought that Members here would like it. it goes for a bit over 12 minutes.
https://biggeekdad.com/2019/02/hex-nuts-to-diamond-ring/
Kryn

China
20th Feb 2019, 10:43 PM
I have seen that video he basically did it just for fun, he is very good at what he does and has many jewellery making videos on YouTube

.RC.
21st Feb 2019, 11:26 AM
Although I have never understood the need for jewelry to exist, brass because it will tarnish is not a good material for such a use.

China
21st Feb 2019, 04:57 PM
Pablo did this as a challenge just to show it could be done it has no practical purpose

kwijibo99
21st Feb 2019, 09:39 PM
Beautiful, thanks for that Kryn, i always enjoy watching a crastsman (or woman) at work.
His skill with the saw is pretty amazing and there's a few techniques there that could defiantly come in handy when making small components, not just jewlery.
Cheers,
Greg.

clear out
26th Feb 2019, 10:18 AM
I was a bit disappointed in the video very basic skills involved plus a thinking a small lathe would’ve made life easier, and then you look closely at the finished ring and the subtle design is where it’s at.
The finished ring isn’t a regular section but tapers from bottom to top and the cross section is also interesting. The guys level of skill and design is just amazing.

I guess I was hoping he’d be hammering a smaller nut to a larger shape.
I have some titanium aircraft nuts and bolts I’d be interested in doing this too as I can’t find another use for them.:doh:
H.

China
26th Feb 2019, 03:24 PM
No reason you could not use Titanium it is just a 100 times more difficult to work with and you can't solder it you have weld it.

eskimo
28th Feb 2019, 08:31 AM
what i got from that video was to "Take pride in what you create"

hooray no more freezing when you click 'submit reply"