PDA

View Full Version : Just registered. From New Zealand.

PhilKuhn
2nd Sep 2018, 08:11 PM
​This

old1955
3rd Sep 2018, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Phil.

PhilKuhn
3rd Sep 2018, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the acceptance into the group.
About me - soon to be on the wrong side of 50 something. I love "mucking around with metal". I have 2 work sites that I work from. I am self-employed or self -destroyed .... you can choose. Have been fixing earthmoving and heavy machines for too long. I have a home based workshop where I can "create". I thought a name for my business should have been "projects unlimited". I have most of the normal w/shop basics like mig welders x 3, tig welder, plasma cutter etc. I have been lucky to enjoy working with steel and machinery. Always have - even before my late father caught me playing with his spot welder when he got home from work as an engineer. I still have the same girlfriend that I married 40 years ago.
I look forward to discussing engineering topics in the future. Cheers everybody. Phil Kuhn, New Zealand

PhilKuhn
3rd Sep 2018, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I hope I have posted in the right place. Cheers

Steamwhisperer
4th Sep 2018, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Phil.
One vital piece of equipment required for the workshop is a camera, we love pics, lots of pics.:D
The only thing is remembering to use the camera, something I tend to forget to do normally about halfway through a project. :((
You've joined a top forum so don't be shy in posting.

Phil