PDA

View Full Version : Chris from Canberra

Yarny
19th Jul 2018, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone. I have been messing around with metal, wood, renovating houses, electronics, all sorts of things over the years, mostly out of interest or a need to fix something. I have found myself collecting old, solid stuff recently. A 1950 Chev truck, a 1980s Hungarian lathe, Beaver mill, plenty of good old chisels and other old metalworking tools. Recent find is an Abel 2-phase/480v welder.
I usually just get into what is interesting to me. Makes me learn new things.
Couple of years ago I made a full size cow out of bike parts.

KBs PensNmore
19th Jul 2018, 10:05 PM
Hi Chris, Welcome to a Top Forum. Hope you find it very interesting on here. We love pics of your work and details on how it was done, please. If it's not too much to ask, could you change your location to Canberra, PLEASE? It just makes it easier to assist you when you ask for a hand or where to get something. No point in telling you something is available in Timbuctu, when you're elsewhere.
Plus some members won't bother helping/commenting, if they don't know where you are.
Kryn

old1955
20th Jul 2018, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris.

snapatap
21st Jul 2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the forum.
As per unofficial forum rules, photos of the Chev truck or it didn't happen.:U

Yarny
21st Jul 2018, 12:59 PM
Not a lot of progress, but have a lot of it planned out, for once reno's are a bit more progressed. The old engine is out and I have done a few rust patches and a lot of cleaning since the second photo.
Have a Chev 6.5l v8 diesel in the garage for it too http://metalworkforums.com/images/icons/icon6.png

snapatap
24th Jul 2018, 07:04 PM
looks like a good project. i like those old trucks, they look really cool.

I have a 6.5TD in a 98 C3500. It goes pretty good but guzzles the juice (20.6L/100Km towing a empty tandem at 110Km/H). One thing i would recommend is to fit a intercooler, i get 100 degree C intake temps in summer going up hills.