PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England.

Tilly819
20th Jun 2018, 11:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm Tilly, I'm 30 years old and am based in England UK. I'm an Engineer by day and a bit of a lunatic by night.
I started out working in sheet metalwork and machining then did a bit of work in factory automation. I'v been very lucky in that I'v always had access to a reasonable workshop. Since buying a house with the Mrs a year ago now have a workshop of my own that I am working on improving / equipping etc.

Iv just started a youtube channel to give something back to the Engineering / Maker community my channel name is > handmadeextreme < feel free to check it out if you want to follow me on my workshop journey. Its a little light on videos at the moment but I have a long list of things I want to make and hope you will get some enjoyment out of watching.

I'm quite into extreme sports; mountain biking, kayaking etc like cars, all the "normal" stuff engineers are into.

Cheers,

Tilly.

Grahame Collins
21st Jun 2018, 12:00 AM
Hi Tilly,
Welcome to the Metal Work Forum.You will fit right in as many of us have the same interests.
They are an excellent bunch as easy to get with.
Kudos to you on your site and in particular the section on reading vernier calipers.

I wish they were around when I was teaching Metal work, an excellent resource for a metal shop teacher.

I will PM you some links on how to feel your way around the Forums.

Grahame

old1955
21st Jun 2018, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Tilly.

Abratool
21st Jun 2018, 04:02 PM
Good reading your interest Tilly.
You will find this forum very interesting & helpful, there is a lot of knowledge & wisdom, here.
Bruce