PDA

View Full Version : Going from Adelaide - Sydney and return

KBs PensNmore
16th Jun 2018, 12:45 AM
Looking at going to Sydney near the middle to end of July, so if anyone has something to go from Adelaide to Sydney or return, let me know, could even come back through Melbourne, if anyone has something there. Will be using a dual cab ute, no trailer.
Kryn

KBs PensNmore
11th Aug 2018, 02:13 PM
Got back this morning at about 8.45, picked up what I went for and more. My GOD, the members on here are generous, either that or what they say is true, one mans trash is another mans treasure. I came home with a lot of treasure!
In Sydney I picked up an EBay purchase, an Eclipse 14 X 6 Magnetic Chuck, then onto a WWF members place to pickup my thicknesser, then up to Newcastle.
Met up with Bollie7 Peter and his wife, and came away with a kitchen sink, plus some other goodies, from there I went to Moonbi and met up with Chambezio, Rod, came away with a beautiful little hand plane, that was one of a few "spares".
From there it was down to Richmond to meet up with "Old Rustie Toolie" Dallas, an absolute mine of information, picked up my Sherraton grinder, which is what I went to Sydney for.
Then it was down to Wallan to meet Allan and came away with with a nice piece of Osage Orange timber, then it was down to Melbourne to pick up some items for another couple of members. By the time I got to Derrimut, the place decided to finish early, they're supposed to close at 3.00 it was 2.45 when I got there, then it was down to Mordialloc to pick up a transformer, they closed at 3.00 also.
As I had a bit of time to spare, I caught up with KWIJIBO 99 Greg and his family. After seeing some of his treasures, and leaving a pair of stilts for the kids, which they really enjoyed, (thanks Peter) I departed for a motel. Next mornng it was back to Mordialloc for a transformer, then to Derrimut where the sign said closed, but they were open. I picked up some items for another forumite Mark, as the postage was to be quite expensive.
I then made my way to the St Kilda region where I was to pick up my last items from Stray Alien Greg. As I had a few hours to spare I ended up at the Marina, not that I'm a boatie, the ones there were more like ships!!!
Eventually catching up with Greg, and looking at his "toys" and his explanation of "why all the tools" which basically came down to "Make parts for that one, to make parts for that one, to make parts for that one".
I departed there about 7.00 to make my way to Bendigo where I caught up with Joe Hovell at long last!! I'd been that way a couple of times but always missing out on meeting him. We met at the local Macca's where we had an interesting discussion an several subjects.
Thanks Joe. :2tsup:
I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU, to the ones I met, and to those I didn't get to meet this time, maybe next time.
Kryn