PDA

View Full Version : re Bluing gun barrel

eskimo
12th Jun 2018, 12:40 PM
We can blame Jerry Harvey for this!

The net result is that from July 1st , a lot of hobbyists will not be able to obtain certain supplies/ goods - once only available from the overseas source- whether or not the buyer would be willing to pay GST on them, or not.

The vendors are now deciding, its now all in the too hard basket and we hobbyists are left with no access at all, to those special items we need to make life easier in our respective pursuits.

It is the same for me as some items in the black powder area of my hobby don't sell enough to warrant keeping them for sale locally and now understandably, the overseas seller does not wish to collect tax for a for a non US government.

Any further non-gunsmithing comments will need to be placed in the off-topic forum section.

Grahame

Harvey is bloody sook...if their retail prices wer'nt so darn dear we wouldnt have to look to overseas suppliers.
I will still buy from OS when its cheaper...its not just the 10% that puts us off from buying from Aus Suppliers....its the 20, 30 and 40% savings we get

oops I didnt read your last line Grahame

Grahame Collins
12th Jun 2018, 09:24 PM
Harvey is bloody sook...if their retail prices wer'nt so darn dear we wouldnt have to look to overseas suppliers.
I will still buy from OS when its cheaper...its not just the 10% that puts us off from buying from Aus Suppliers....its the 20, 30 and 40% savings we get

oops I didn't read your last line Grahame

Jerry Harvey buggered it up for a lot of folks. I predict that the sales he thinks the industry will pick up won't be as lucrative as predicted.

It's not the GST as you say, Eskimo. It is the loading of the other fees and charges.

The Chinese will simply ignore the GST charges and the government will have a huge backlog of overseas parcels piling up as people pay the GST due on them.

It will mean a fresh bureaucratic system for checking GST payment and a new hashed up system being started with the usual lack of thought and planning by the government that will take years to get right.

No worries you are moved to OFF topic now.

Grahame