PDA

View Full Version : Biax 7EL or 7ES armature.

lamestllama
14th May 2018, 11:52 PM
The commutator on the armature of my Biax 7ES scraper has lost a segment. Ideally someone would have a readily available spare they would be willing to exchange for monetary compensation.

Any offers?

jhovel
15th May 2018, 03:02 PM
I don't suppose you still have the missing segment? If you do, you may be able to glue it back in with epoxy and re-true the armature after resoldering and securing the wire.
As far as I know, those armatures are no longer available.... they were from an obsolete Bosch motor, if I remember correctly. The current model Biax uses available Metabo armatures.

Cheers, Joe

lamestllama
16th May 2018, 11:50 AM
Joe,

I think the segment was long gone before I got to it judging from the amount of the adjoining segment that is chewed away. Even if I did have the segment the amount missing from the adjoining segment would be too much to machine away.

I am leaning towards getting a donor commutator and having the armature rewound. How sure are you that it is a Bosch motor? I thought they where Fein motors. I am talking about the type that have a big knurled locking nut that hold on the motor.

Any pointers that get this machine fixed would be welcome.

Eric

KBs PensNmore
16th May 2018, 11:36 PM
It could be that Bosch Fein and any of the others use the same armature.