PDA

View Full Version : WTB Vertical Milling Machine Melbourne

joez
6th Apr 2018, 03:56 PM
I'm really just starting out, looking for vertical Milling Machine, ideally 240V or with a VFD to help me get started.

Buying an unknown used machine and converting to VFD is a little daunting, reviews of new machines are very mixed so I am hoping a fellow forum member might have/know of something suitable.

Im in the Melbourne/Preston area, so if you have something suitable please shoot me a message.

Thanks
Joez

KBs PensNmore
6th Apr 2018, 05:35 PM
Hi Joez,
A few questions that require answering to help the members locate something for you.
What sort of money have you budgeted for?
Is the amount you have available for the machine, include some for tooling and accessories?
What you spend on a machine, will be about half to get SOME tooling, (Collet chuck, cutters and a decent vise)
Something local or prepared to travel XXX kilometres?
Are you after something preferably with vise and tooling??
What size machine would you like, something similar to?????
Hope this helps you get something.
Kryn

joez
6th Apr 2018, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the reply.... Responses below.

Hi Joez,
A few questions that require answering to help the members locate something for you.
What sort of money have you budgeted for?

I was hoping for something under $5K

Something local or prepared to travel XX kilometres?

I dont have the facilities to transport a mill so i'd have to factor in transport. I think within say 50kms of Melbourne would work.

Are you after something with vise and tooling??

I was planning of adding tooling over time, anything included is a bonus really. I'd rather invest in a better mill initially and sneak tooling in later (passed the mrs lol).

What size machine would you like, something similar to?????

I think something bigger than the HM-48's is in my budget. I've been eyeing off this, but the conversion to 240v and removal of the duplicator is holding me back. plus I simply dont have the experience to asses the condition of the mill itself.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turret-Mill-Do-All-with-Copy-Attachment-and-tooling/253533290203?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Hope this helps you find something.
Kryn

KBs PensNmore
7th Apr 2018, 10:43 PM
I just picked up one, a horizontal Victoria? with a Vertical Attachment, it's old and runs a flat leather belt but for $300.00!!!!
Hopefully it'll be delivered on Thursday, just need to find an engine crane to unload it.
Will put up some pics when I get it.
Kryn