PDA

View Full Version : Azstar mill tools

leahy268
3rd Apr 2018, 09:59 PM
Hi, I did put this over on the woodwork forums but was told I might have better luck here.. Does anyone know if any of these are any good? These are the ones here.. metal cutting technology - importers, wholesalers and manufacturers - mitsubishi carbide - quaker- vargus - azstar - drilling - milling - turning - end milling (http://www.mct-pl.com.au) They say aussie made but just wondering if they are devent quality. They are certainly cheaper than Sutton..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WC57
23rd Jul 2018, 11:05 AM
Hi, just came across this post. Did you buy any? I used them a lot while with a previous employer & they were very good. Cheers WC57

leahy268
24th Jul 2018, 07:27 AM
I sure did... So much better quality than the previous cheap chinese ones that we had. Where the cheap ones snapped after 20 minutes the exact same operation on the azstar ones were used for about 10 hrs so far and haven't looked like snapping.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MasterSpoon
24th Jul 2018, 09:46 AM
Are you able to give any indication on pricing ?
Guessing it's somewhere between Cheap Chinese & Sutton pricing but that can big a pretty big variance...

leahy268
24th Jul 2018, 10:03 AM
Yeah they were $34ex for Ø3.0mm Ball Nose, 2 Flutes, 8mm Length of Cut
Uncoated, Aluminium / Timber Geometry
76mm Overall Length

Which was still expensive but nothing on the Sutton for that kind of OAL. I think chinese ones were more like $12 each for the same but just didn't last in hardwood. Just the sound they made from the beginning was so much different.