PDA

View Full Version : Hi all...

Call Me Jack
13th Feb 2018, 04:34 PM
I've been a member here for around six years but, I've been absent for around 5 years, now I've returned under a different name (same account, new name); some of you may remember me but most likely not, I wasn't here for long...

Anywho, I've expanded my tool collection &, therefore, expanded the kind of work I can now perform. 5 years ago, I had the basics & a welder, compressor, etc, now I have a 3 in 1 welder (although I haven't tried the TIG yet), a bigger compressor, I'm on my second lathe (the latest having a mill attachment) & a 52" sheetmetal combo (shear/brake/roller)... just to name a few...

I've also changed my location; I was in Sydney, I'm now in Warwick, Qld...

I hope to get to know some of you in the near future...

Grahame Collins
13th Feb 2018, 04:51 PM
Welcome to our Metalwork Forums, Jack
Congratulations on moving to/rejoining the Metalwork Forum and moving to a Great state:D:D.
We are looking forward to hear about your projects, we all like projects.

Cheers
Grahame

old1955
13th Feb 2018, 05:41 PM
Welcome back Jack.

Call Me Jack
14th Feb 2018, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys, I'm a little "everything's up in the air" ATM so, I'll start posting as soon as things start falling back to earth :lolol:

Welcome to our Metalwork Forums, Jack

My name is Tony; the "Call Me Jack" username refers the the old adage "Jack of all trades"; it's also the name of my new youtube channel (please excuse the gratuitous plug :D)

Congratulations on ...//... moving to a Great state:D:D.

At the time, I didn't have much of a choice; Sydney was just getting ridiculously expensive, I was homeless & unemployed when my daughter offered for me to live with her; it was a great opportunity as I would be closer to my young grand kids but, I had to leave my 13yo daughter behind...

We now live on a small property (a little over an acre) with a large yard (lots of room to play with my toys) & a double garage sized workshop :woot:(lots of room to make/repair more toys) as well as a 20' shipping container which houses my machine shop (among other things)...

I am & always will be a Sydney boy but, having said that, I'm over the "rat race" lifestyle so, it makes a nice change; I have access to just about everything I need here, although, for now, the local Bunnings is very under stocked; fortunately, they are currently working on a much larger store...

We are looking forward to hear about your projects, we all like projects.

... & I have many... as always, I usually have at least half a dozen going at any given time...

I'll be sure to start posting ASAP; in the meantime, you can see some of my work here (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtWqI6NIdH6Il8uSTYy8zWw?)

Call Me Jack
12th May 2018, 01:44 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCejgxaVnOaCmf3Zi57HXf1g?)...

coongoola
13th May 2018, 02:44 AM
Great work on the go carts Tony. Your grandkids look thrilled with the new toys. You must be very proud of them and I'll bet that they love having you around.

Pat

Call Me Jack
14th May 2018, 12:54 PM
Indeed they are... the boys anyway; my granddaughter still hasn't seen her go kart :(

Don't forget to check out my other channel (there's a link in post #5 ;))