PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Zealand

saxguy
11th Feb 2018, 11:33 AM
Just a brief bit about m'self.
Born and raised in the UK (Midlands), came to New Zealand in 2017.
Have many hobbies, but always a love of metalwork. Have a small engineering workshop and a seperate barn/workshop for the bigger stuff, welding etc. Would like to spend more time in the workshop/s, but always other jobs keep finding me!

Regards all.....

BobL
11th Feb 2018, 01:44 PM
Welcome to these forums. Based on the gear you have detailed in your other thread it sounds like you will fit right in here.
Looking forward to see some of your projects.

old1955
11th Feb 2018, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Grahame Collins
11th Feb 2018, 03:21 PM
Hi and welcome again saxguy,
It always seems that a lot of hobbies lead back to metalwork to some degree.

You will be in good company here.

Grahame

OxxAndBert
12th Feb 2018, 03:32 PM
Welcome saxguy.
Whereabouts in NZ are you located?

Steve

saxguy
12th Feb 2018, 08:04 PM
Welcome saxguy.
Whereabouts in NZ are you located?

Steve

North Canterbury.... :-)

OxxAndBert
13th Feb 2018, 09:04 AM
North Canterbury.... :-)

A nice part of the country - albeit a tad shaky in recent years :(
I lived in Blenheim for a while and my wife's family was in Christchurch so did regular transit trips....

Steve

saxguy
13th Feb 2018, 09:35 AM
A nice part of the country - albeit a tad shaky in recent years :(
I lived in Blenheim for a while and my wife's family was in Christchurch so did regular transit trips....

Steve

Aye... I've been there during four serious quakes now, and more aftershocks that we can remember!
I don't even bother getting out of bed for them now, if they occur in the night! The last big one that centred in Kaikoura was during the night, and it took a lot of urging to get me to leave the house, even though it was shaking wildly. I thought hell, we've had worse than this and the house survived intact, screw it. But, eventually decided to drive inlands away from the coast. We were okay however, but same couldn't be said for the coastal town of Kaikoura and the surrounding roads/rail and countryside I'm afraid. :(